Cranks will not Start

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
This sounds like a CPS issue... I know you said you replaced it, but sometimes they are bad right out of the box. Also, did you check the UVCH? Have you done the 50 cent mod?

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
I don't do cheap mods, I have several CPS's on hand and have swapped them out a couple times.

UVCH, if it was this then it should not pass the KOEO Buzz test. Also if it is the UVCH I doubt it would be both sides at the same time. Also if it is an IDM issue I don't think it would pass the buzz test.

I have owned this truck since the first mile was put on it. I have done pretty much all the wrenching on the truck myself. Except for a few things.

I will get the radiator back in and crank it over to see what my icp reads during cranking.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I don't do cheap mods, I have several CPS's on hand and have swapped them out a couple times.

UVCH, if it was this then it should not pass the KOEO Buzz test. Also if it is the UVCH I doubt it would be both sides at the same time. Also if it is an IDM issue I don't think it would pass the buzz test.

I have owned this truck since the first mile was put on it. I have done pretty much all the wrenching on the truck myself. Except for a few things.

I will get the radiator back in and crank it over to see what my icp reads during cranking.

What do you mean cheap mods? You know what the 50 cent mod is right?

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Oh Okay. How is this a cheap mod? Is there a better way to do it?

Also, did you put a new HPOP in when putting the new engine in?

Stealth Stage 1 to accomodate the Stage 1 single shot injectors, which is also why I am running the Air dog fuel pump.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Well it has been snowing here in Michigan. So I been playing in snow on the snowmobiles. I am on vacation all this week. So I will be out in the shop the whole week trying to get it fired up.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Well I got the oil pressure gauge to give me a reading again. I tried to get an ICP reading but the batteries are weak. So I am charging them now. I did fill the HPOP resevior up through the hole on the top. Once the batteries are charged up I will go back out there and crank it over and see what my icp reading is.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Well it is running again. I think it was the HPOP and the LPOP had a gear on backwards too. But it is back up and running.

bad12jr

Reaction score
How do you get a gear backwards on the lpop. And probably had air in the system.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Has anyone thrown out there that the batteries may just be weak mine would do the same thing yours did and I ran through all the checks you did would crank all day long build icp swapped ipr cps and even a PCM till the batteries finally ran out let it sit on the charger for six hours hooked it up to my other p stroke to aid the charger, everything back to original fired right up within two revolutions. It didn't just die like yours did but failed to start.

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Has anyone thrown out there that the batteries may just be weak mine would do the same thing yours did and I ran through all the checks you did would crank all day long build icp swapped ipr cps and even a PCM till the batteries finally ran out let it sit on the charger for six hours hooked it up to my other p stroke to aid the charger, everything back to original fired right up within two revolutions. It didn't just die like yours did but failed to start.

The truck was running when it died. In fact it was running for about a month straight. Then just cruising down the road it died. Wouldn't fire back up. Plus I have charged the batteries up real good too.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Ya that may be why it ran all the sudden as I said if I charged thenpiss out of them it would fire right up like nothing was wrong. Weak alternator could be partly to blame too for the death while driving charging system is huge batteries alt ect....

bigcountrysg

Reaction score
Ya that may be why it ran all the sudden as I said if I charged thenpiss out of them it would fire right up like nothing was wrong. Weak alternator could be partly to blame too for the death while driving charging system is huge batteries alt ect....

I drove my truck for 3 hours one time with the battery light on. I was on the road on my way to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. I go to the dunes and replaced the alternator.

I know it wasn't from weak batteries. Also the I know the Alternator is putting out 14 volts.

Latest posts

Members online