Crew cab fab - my 95 build

pt_ranger_v8

Reaction score
Nothing fancy in here. :flipa:

This truck originally started life as a 351/c6 cclb, and it sucked:wtf:. Previous owner had a ~4" lift on it, blocks in the rear, shackle reverse/drop front hangar bracket up front. He also did some ghetto rehab inside, and swapped beds.

After driving it for a few months, I swapped in an idi7.3/zf5 combo. Increased my mileage from 6 to 14mpg. I also swapped axles, since the 4.10's we're killing my top end.

Since the thing rode like a buckboard with stock lifted leaf springs, I gabbed up some coil buckets and radius arms. Basically, I just copied the bronco/f150 design of the earlier years, and used lift coils for a coil sprung super duty.

Had to fab some step bars for the wife & curtain climbers.

Built a rear bumper, added some lights.

And I've been driving it like this for a couple of years. Stumbled across a 'deal' on an e-superduty, engine, tranny, all the wiring, just go pull it. :thumbup:

Now I'm in the process of going through the new block, end goals are 380-400hp, and dead nuts reliability for the next 300k miles.
Figuring on honing the cylinders, new rings/crank bearings
17*HPOP
Not OBS style intake
Either 38R or t4 style turbo
Stage 1 160-180/100 injectors
Tunes
Head studs/valve springs/push rods
Inter cooler

After I get the engine built, if I can, I'd like to run it on my zf5 while I get cash for a BTS build on my e4od. Not a huge fan of only having 4 speeds, but, if reliability will be there and mileage won't suffer, I'll run it.

Pics to come when I'm near a computer, and not at work :pimp:.

So far, I've done all the work except rebuild the zf5 and bend the tube fore the coil buckets. For a dumb redneck, I guess it's doing alright :flipa:

Some of the needed things:
Engine wiring harness
Tranny wiring harness
Under hood wiring harness
Turbo
Injectors
HPOP
All the stuff I listed I want to do to this thing :doh:.

Latest posts

Members online