Cruise control problem

stroker2

Reaction score
Well going down the interstate today i would hit a bump and the cruise would kick off and take a couple minutes to be able to kick it back on. Not sure if there is a common issue with this or not.

Also, as some back ground i also have a random vibration issue and wondering if its related? here is the link to the info on that:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22776

Not sure if i should have started a new thread or not but this topic seemed different than what i could put in the suspension/drivetrain forum. Thank you!

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Look into the CPP sensor since you have a 6 speed, your clutch may be moving on those bumps and actuating the CPP. Is the spring still on your pedal, that is designed to hold it up?

stroker2

Reaction score
CPP sensor? Where might i find this? Yes, the spring is still on the pedal and is definitely strong enough to hold my foot up if i rest it there while driving without touching the throw out bearing. Pedal definitely isnt moving on bumps. The bumps im talking about are just little jittery bumps that rattle the truck a little

BigAlsPSD

Reaction score
Clutch Pedal Position Sensor there are springs inside them that are known to break. Replacement from parts stores is only around 25 bucks.

First remove the switch from the actuator rod. (hard to get to and I couldn't get a camera in there to get a pic, sorry) There's a large plug in the top with several wires but the only hard part is getting your hand in position so you can get the screwdriver or knife blade to it. After removing the plug pull the switch backwards just enough so it will rotate on the rod. When you rotate the top towards you there is room to get a screwdriver or knife blade to the flat tabs on either side, when you pry the tabs up the bottom of the switch will come off easily.

Here is a pic of the switch.

CPP sensor.jpg

Inputs to your cruise control are
Brake Pedal Position Switch
Clutch Pedal Position Switch(CPP)
Brake PRESSURE switch
Clock spring to coast button has120 ohm resistor
Clock spring to set/accel button has 680 ohm resistor
Clock spring to Resume button has 2200 ohm resistor
Also takes input from VSS signal (ABS module)
The ABS module gets input from the Differential Speed Sensor
There is a 5 amp fuse at position 15 fro brake pedal
There is a 10 amp fuse at position 19 for CPP
There is a PCM power relay that feeds into the Brake Pressure Sensor(battery junction box)

Latest posts

Members online