cts problem

johndeerezach

Reaction score
i just bought a cts from a guy who had it on a 7.3 and sold it so i bought it and now it wont load on to my truck. i have to manually enter the vin im not sure if thats normal and it keeps making me turn key on then turn key off so im not sure whats the matter. previous owner swears he uninstalled it from previous truck. im at a loss here i contacted edge with the problem but just left a message. has anyone had this issue thank you

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok. im lookin for my cord for when i had a superchip and how do i tell what cts i have. he said it has loaded tunes on it so i was thinking it was a evo?

Reaction score
ok. im lookin for my cord for when i had a superchip and how do i tell what cts i have. he said it has loaded tunes on it so i was thinking it was a evo?

It's just a mini usb cable. Any CTS with tunes will be an Evolution. It might have PHP custom tunes which they don't support anymore, just let it update and you'll be good to go.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
ok so i updated it and it still giving me fits. i put the vin in and then it still goes through the same sequence of turn the key on then goes to turn the key off until it gets to vehicle preparation failed contact tech support if problem persists. then i got a different error that said communication failed which tells me to unplug from obd2 port to reboot.

johndeerezach

Reaction score
Just use the gauges. Edge told me I can't run my ts6 and the cts at the same time. Which I think is odd

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

johndeerezach

Reaction score
So just FYI it's not impossible to run but they guy who had it before me installed the cts then he shut truck off and installed his dp tuner without unhooking battery. Which I am not about to do but that's it the only way to run it

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online