CTS read Fuel pressure ?

streetglide

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the CTS will read fuel pressure on a 2005 without an optional sensor ?. I'm trying to decide if I need the expandable egt probe or not .

Sent from my iPhone app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetglide

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info . I've heard both ways and was hoping I wouldn't need it . That harness and sensor is crazy high .

Lilpooh

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info . I've heard both ways and was hoping I wouldn't need it . That harness and sensor is crazy high .

Have you seen DashBoss for iPhone/iPad/iTouch, cheaper than CS/CTS, and can monitor just as much. Even external sensors (EGT, FP). $300 for everything.

streetglide

Reaction score
Just saw these last posts, not getting updates for some reason . Ive already got a CTS but the dashboss sounds like an idea . On the sensors I'm going to try one from AEM . Pretty much the same sensor and the wiring comes with two plugs that just needs to be spliced and soldered . The AEM's are half price .

Lilpooh

Reaction score
Just saw these last posts, not getting updates for some reason . Ive already got a CTS but the dashboss sounds like an idea . On the sensors I'm going to try one from AEM . Pretty much the same sensor and the wiring comes with two plugs that just needs to be spliced and soldered . The AEM's are half price .

You can try the AEM sensor with the CTS, they may look the same physically, but the internals may be different when it comes to voltage. You would need to compare the voltage on-set/off-set. If the voltage is not reading at the proper setting, you may get false readings.

Example: the AEM sensor may be reading 1.5v as 40psi, where as the Edge sensor may read 1.5v as 60psi.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Those AEM sensors work, my buddy had one laying around frm when he used to datalog and it worked just fine with his autometers (these are all the same sensors as long as its a 100psi sensor the voltage should be the same.)

Fly By Night

Reaction score
You can try the AEM sensor with the CTS, they may look the same physically, but the internals may be different when it comes to voltage. You would need to compare the voltage on-set/off-set. If the voltage is not reading at the proper setting, you may get false readings.

Example: the AEM sensor may be reading 1.5v as 40psi, where as the Edge sensor may read 1.5v as 60psi.

The CTS has a way you can program the values of a particular sensor so ensure it is accurate.

streetglide

Reaction score
Yeah u can set the voltages , but the AEM is already the same so should be good to go .

Lilpooh

Reaction score
When I shopped around for 0-100 psi with 0-5v fuel psi sensors, for the DashBoss, the voltage on-set/off-set were different. I used my Autometer FP gauge to dial in the adjustment volt to psi for the other 0-5v FP sensor. I even swapped FP sensors of the Autometer and other sensor and readings on the analog gauge were different because the other FP sensor was not matched to the Autometer gauge.

Yes, any 0-5v sensor should work, but in order for you to get a accurate reading, you will need to know the volt on-set/off-set to match the psi reading.

Here is the sensor I used, dialed it in by comparing the digital reading to the analog. Here is he setting for using this sensor. 0.5v=1psi/4.5v=100psi.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=250799543734

streetglide

Reaction score
That's a good find on that sender . I appreciate the link I'll try one of those for a boost sensor .

Dzlnut

Reaction score
Is there any way of getting around buying the harness from edge? Has anyone made their own harness?

streetglide

Reaction score
I don't think so I already have the wiring and the plug is where u would have trouble . It's set up to daisy chain and it looks to have something built in each plug plus the two female plugs . I looked into it because its pretty expensive

Latest posts

Members online