Curious about a trade offer.

SAYiWONT8

Reaction score
Ive been offered a trade, my 95 12v cummins for a 2003 f250 eclb 4x4 with 250,00 miles. The fella claims he just had new heads put on and a full bulletproof job done. Studs, new heads, the whole bulletproof kit. Are the egr's deleted totally? He told me the old heads cracked when his 6.0 took a crap. Its a work truck model so its got crank windows no cruise and the iron maiden bench seat. Im not too excited about that but can those benches be swapped w better seats? He wants to trade truck 4 truck plus I add some cash. What do yall think?

SAYiWONT8

Reaction score
I havent seen it in person yet but it recently had the bulletprrof and new heads, suncoast trans, has 20s which needs new tires and a lift. Im just worried about a rats nest of poorly done mods. Ill have to see it in person and hopefully recipts.

swinky

Reaction score
I havent seen it in person yet but it recently had the bulletprrof and new heads, suncoast trans, has 20s which needs new tires and a lift. Im just worried about a rats nest of poorly done mods. Ill have to see it in person and hopefully recipts.

Don't do it. Keep the 12v and save up for a super duty with a bad engine. Imo an ex cab work truck is missing most of the things that make a super duty such a nice truck. Perfect size crew cab, lariat/king ranch, reliable power locks and windows....

Edit. Unless he can show you 10k in receipts of recent work done. Then I'd consider.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Don't do it. Keep the 12v and save up for a super duty with a bad engine. Imo an ex cab work truck is missing most of the things that make a super duty such a nice truck. Perfect size crew cab, lariat/king ranch, reliable power locks and windows....

Exactly...

jaybuller

Reaction score
no way in hell man. I think you would be downgrading deffinatly in the engine department. If you want a superduty I would deffinatley buy a 6.0 superduty that's blown up for like 3 or 4 grand and put your cummins drivetrain into it.

Extended Power

Reaction score
No way.

Sounds like he is the one trying to dump his truck onto you...

and what the hell do you guys mean by "Wait for a SuperDuty with a bad engine"?

....they're all bad...LOL

jaybuller

Reaction score
hey now....these old 7.3s are still kickin! but yes I would trade it in a heartbeat for a good ole sensor less/computer less 12v to go in its place.

Jeremysmith9902

Reaction score
ide hold on to the cummins till you find something that that truck that just make your jaw drop.. the first time i heard an 03 6.0L, that momment i knew i was going to own one.. and this one aint goin anywhere any time soon..

always-strokin

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... trade an old ass gutless 5.9 for a 6.0 that runs 13's, high 12's w/ a 600$ tune.. thats a tough one!

Unless I'm missing something and the 6.0 is trashed, you'd be a moron not to trade. Of course, that makes me wonder if theres something up w/ his truck thats nearly 10 years newer that makes him want an old gutless wonder 1995 cummins?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Hmmmmm... trade an old ass gutless 5.9 for a 6.0 that runs 13's, high 12's w/ a 600$ tune.. thats a tough one!

Unless I'm missing something and the 6.0 is trashed, you'd be a moron not to trade. Of course, that makes me wonder if theres something up w/ his truck thats nearly 10 years newer that makes him want an old gutless wonder 1995 cummins?

You're missing the fact that the 6.0 isn't going to run a high 12 with a tune

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
And that its completely mechanical. If you had come here saying it was done is one thing, but if you're questioning it, your probably going to have buyers regret.
I wouldn't trade/pay x$ for a truck, if it didn't have cruise control. You can find 7.3s loaded at that price. Maybe more miles, but think about it. Its not going to handle near as good, its noisy just like yours except in turbo instead of injectors, no power, cruise, etc. Find a nicer truck to go with. And I'm going to assume you owe nothing on that truck. Its always cheaper to maintain than trade.
I'm going to say stay away unless hr has receipts from a REPUTABLE shop. If they did shoddy work its no different than if he did it shoddy himself.

swinky

Reaction score

600 in that "gutless" 12v will get it up to 300 to the wheels. In a much lighter truck. 6.0s rarely run any better than a 13.8 with just a tune.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
600 in that "gutless" 12v will get it up to 300 to the wheels. In a much lighter truck. 6.0s rarely run any better than a 13.8 with just a tune.

Whs^^^
Most horsepower per dollar = 5.9 12v. Even the common rails are expensive to tune. You can do that to your truck at home and there are a lot of knowledgeable vendors on here that also work on dodges. Just because you dont own a powerstroke doesn't mean you cant be part of our diesel family. If you want a newer ford truck buy a broken motor truck and destroke it. That's been done a lot more than in just the diesel power magazines.

always-strokin

Reaction score
You're missing the fact that the 6.0 isn't going to run a high 12 with a tune

I've seen some run very close. A properly tuned 6.0 is running a 13.2 all day long, with the exceptions running high 12s.

Okkkkkkk, and the 6.0 has 305-325horsepower STOCK. A tuner for $600 on the 6.0 will give it 450whp.

Whs^^^
Most horsepower per dollar = 5.9 12v. Even the common rails are expensive to tune. You can do that to your truck at home and there are a lot of knowledgeable vendors on here that also work on dodges. Just because you dont own a powerstroke doesn't mean you cant be part of our diesel family. If you want a newer ford truck buy a broken motor truck and destroke it. That's been done a lot more than in just the diesel power magazines.

More horsepower per dollar, until a certain point. Most 400+hp builds on 12v's cost just as much as a 7.3 or 6.0 nowadays with the incredible engineering and tuning precision being offered.

Oh ya, ever try pulling w/ a hi-hp 12v? You cant. The "wonderful" mechanical motors cannot be fine-tuned enough to keep egt's down therefore you can RACE a 400hp 12v, but you cannot pull with one.

Ever seen a 12v dyno slip? They look like a jagged piece of glass... all over the place. Terrible curves.

Latest posts

Members online