Curious about a trade offer.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Yeah but no cruise? Power anything? Really? If you've owned an engine long enough its super easy to work on. I say for the practicality of the situation, stick with it until you find a truck that makes your jawdrop.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Like I said, 13.2's on a good Looney Tune are more common. Either way, a tune gets a 6.0 moving.

A 180pumped 12v cummins might see 220-250whp w/ full pump mods/boost elbow. A 180pumped cummins w/ smokey ass 370 marines that will never be able to pull a load will see 300-350whp. Still, far from stunning and still not useable power.

My cousins 180pumped '97 auto w/ full pump mods/boost elbow can pin 1200* while EMPTY, let alone w/ a load under it or w/ bigger injectors.

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I wouldn't make the trade.

I personally own a few psd's and love them...but I'm not positive my next personal truck won't be a 05-07 Cummins

swinky

Reaction score
600 dollar tuner turns into a 6,000 dollar tuner once you launch the heads into orbit. I will give you my left nut if you can show me 1 full weight eclb 6.0 running 13.2 tune only. I know it is apparently bulletproofed but he couldve bought your dodge for what it costs to properly bulletproof a 6leaker.

Last edited:

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
600 dollar tuner turns into a 6,000 dollar tuner once you launch the heads into orbit. I will give you my left nut if you can show me 1 full weight eclb 6.0 running 13.2 tune only. I know it is apparently bulletproofed but he couldve bought your dodge for what it costs to properly bulletproof a 6leaker.

You're right...typically when 6.0 guys 'bulletproof' their trucks they either sell/trade them right after because their scared of them...or they'll keep it 5+ years....not always but oftentimes.

Keep you 12v Man...gotta consider too...were all mostly ford guys telling you to keep a Cummins Lol.

This doesn't happen often

Lassie

Reaction score
Completely depends on what you want.

If you are not up on logic controlled engines, stepping into a 6.0 or newer will cost you money at the shop. They are far more fun to own and operate than the old dinosaurs, (or any newer cummins) but, the guys that can't fix em pay dearly when they own em, and end up hating them.

Be honest with yourself.....Do you need a truck that will be fairly reliable and can be fixed at any shop? Or, can you handle a truck with better performance but REQUIRES you to be able to self repair or you will go broke?

If you are a capable mechanic, the 6.0 is a very fun truck to own. It is FAR cheaper to maintain than the 6.4, and will blow the doors off of the 5.9 and 7.3. Gaskets are usually the biggest issue, and if its heads are already studded right, you're in the clear.

I'd trade for 03. The used 6.0s are the best bang for the buck out there.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Id keep the cummins and wait for a nicer powerstroke, if thats what youre after, or just put some money into the cummins. It sucks having roll down Windows and manual locks, especially if youre like me and have your windows down 24/7, and it starts raining on you

always-strokin

Reaction score

Are you serious? Thers a myriad of looney tuned (and other tuners) out there running 13.2's on tunes/intake/exhaust only....

You're saying a tune-only 6.0 making 450rwhp will run a high 12. I'm saying you're delusional.

A tune-only 6.4 will run a low 13/high 12, a 6.0 is more like low 14/high 13

I'm saying that theres been one or two freak 6.0's running 12's w/ tunes. Bottom-13's are more common. A tuned 6.4 is a 12second truck all day long.

swinky

Reaction score
Are you serious? Thers a myriad of looney tuned (and other tuners) out there running 13.2's on tunes/intake/exhaust only....

I'm saying that theres been one or two freak 6.0's running 12's w/ tunes. Bottom-13's are more common. A tuned 6.4 is a 12second truck all day long.

You're high. No tune only 6.0 has reached 12s. Rclb 6.0 with little street tires and light wheels and track bars might run like a 13.3

drunk on diesel

Reaction score

Again... you're delusional

Latest posts

Members online