Custom HPOP lines

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Will do Tim. I'll be running stealth dual pumps so I'm going to run a line from each pump to both heads. That ought to balance just fine instead of running a balance line between the two pumps.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
401848_10201351029081743_333054171_n_zps3c7039a7.jpg

That looks familiar.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I guess I don't see the need to go with just one. I have the stuff to do it. Just don't need or want. I guess we are both in the same boat. Just oposit sides... :D

njjeep

Reaction score
V-ref, are you seeing any improvements with this new system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

V-Ref

Reaction score
I popped one of the freeze plugs on the back of the block when the HG let go....so I don't have enough miles on it yet to say definitively. Idle quality is subjective...that seems better so far. The way it's setup....I'll be able to just remove 2 lines and cap off 4 plugs...and do a real real back to back comparison easily. Same on the balance line. I'll definitely share what's discovered.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

psduser1

Reaction score
Old thread.
Just wanted to say thanks, vref. I just did this, single pump. Definitely learned a lot in this thread, made it much easier to talk coherently to the guys who built my hoses...
Ford can stick their overpriced sh, nvrmind.
Thanks again, bud:thumbsup::rolleyes:

V-Ref

Reaction score
Old thread.
Just wanted to say thanks, vref. I just did this, single pump. Definitely learned a lot in this thread, made it much easier to talk coherently to the guys who built my hoses...
Ford can stick their overpriced sh, nvrmind.
Thanks again, bud:thumbsup::rolleyes:
Awesome! Glad it helped someone. I've learned so much from others on here, so it's rewarding to give it back when you can.

psduser1

Reaction score
I used parker 451tc, however, after reading their tech specs, I'll probably change the hose to 721tc. It's got a better heat rating, and 4k operating pressure rating. The 451 is just your basic hydraulic hose, 3k pressure rating. It's only rated to 212*f, which is marginal for my truck, which can see over 220*f at times during the summer. Probably never be a problem, but it takes less than 2' of hose for a single pump. I think the cost difference is well worth it.
Both versions are a 4:1 safety factor.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Billy

I'd recommend straight hose ends and 90° fittings.

I found with 90° hose ends the alignment or "clocking" of the fitting could be critical for fitment depending on the bend radius/twisting tolerance characteristic of the hose you select.

With a straight fitting on the hose and the 90° or 45° on the head or pump, you just loosen and "reclock" the fitting to accomodate small fitment adjustments vs having to get a new hose made.

Hope that makes sense.

Interested in psduser1's thoughts/experience on this point.

psduser1

Reaction score
I used 9th at the heads. At the pump, I used a straight fitting in the front port, and a 90 in the rear port.
At the heads, the hoses were straight crimp fittings. At the pump, on the front port, I used a straight crimp fitting, and looped the hose up around the lifting eye to the drivers side head. The back port, to the passenger head, I used a 45 degree crimp fitting at the pump, which laid the hose in the valley.
Originally, I wanted to route the passenger side back over top of the pump, however with irate rr line, there was interference. I'm not entirely satisfied, but it's working. I'll probably play with the hose length on the next set, fine tune the fit a little.
The 451 hose is a two wire braid, the 721 is a four wire hose.

Latest posts

Members online