Custom made bellowed up pipes?

rc4wd

Reaction score
One of the up-pipes was different when I converted my e99 and I think it was the passenger side but not 100% sure

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Any time I weld on my truck I disconnect them. I mean the only thing I have welded on my truck was exhaust, but even then I did not want to risk it.

I'm looking forward to doing this, but I need to find a write up on how to pull the trans. I don't think it will be too difficult, but I don't want to mess anything up.

If anyone decides to do this, take some pics and post them in this thread. It may help future DIYers.

Homesteader

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of there up pipe with the bellowes welded on? Just wondering where do the bellowes go on the up pipe.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Does anyone have pics of there up pipe with the bellowes welded on? Just wondering where do the bellowes go on the up pipe.

I think the easiest way to do this is to mock it up on a fully assembled engine. Either out of the truck or drop the trans. This way you can just slide the bellows on and tack them. Then you can take the up pipes off and get a good weld on them. I am holding off on doing this until I can find an engine out of the truck or have time to drop my trans.

I don't think pictures are gonna do justice to where the bellows need to go.

This would also be a lot easier if you had a van. Just pull the dog house lol

Homesteader

Reaction score
I think the easiest way to do this is to mock it up on a fully assembled engine. Either out of the truck or drop the trans. This way you can just slide the bellows on and tack them. Then you can take the up pipes off and get a good weld on them. I am holding off on doing this until I can find an engine out of the truck or have time to drop my trans.

I don't think pictures are gonna do justice to where the bellows need to go.

This would also be a lot easier if you had a van. Just pull the dog house lol

Ok..I thought I just ask. But I got 2 engines on stands right now but I need to find some SD late 99 an up, up pipes to do a mock up. I only have pipes from and e99 and a e350 van. Are the pipes different from e99 and later 99 and up?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Ok..I thought I just ask. But I got 2 engines on stands right now but I need to find some SD late 99 an up, up pipes to do a mock up. I only have pipes from and e99 and a e350 van. Are the pipes different from e99 and later 99 and up?

I think one of the pipes is different. Don't quote me on that though...

Hopefully someone will chime in that knows for sure.

Reaction score

the pipes are shorter on the E99 but i think with the bellows it would make them reach just fine..the flanges on the turbo end are also different but can be swapped over..the stud spacing for the flang is smaller on the E99..
you can see pic's of bellows in the sticky at the top called Custom Turbo Setups and Pictures

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1113

you can also get bellows here

http://www.mandrelbending-tubefabrication.com/images/large/TruckExhaust_accessories_09.gif

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.