Customer Feedback Thread

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Examples there is not enough room here to post, but here are a few that I have seen on yours and other forums.

High Egts.
Puking fluid
Blown TQ.
Blown gaskets.
Shift flares.
High boost.
Blown trannys.
Jerking while driving...

Sounds like common problems that occur on tuned 6.4's. Some more common than others. A lot of it has to do with the drivers right foot and the tune they choose to use in strenuous situations for their truck. I don't see those being just Spartan problems.

HellNo

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Lol seems likes mostly Spartan but maybe it's the tire pressure.

jdgleason

Reaction score
All examples you listed are Issues encountered when trucks are abused at high horsepower levels. EVERY tuning company has had trucks with every issue you listed. It's never been as simple as "I loaded my spartan, started the truck and boom gaskets and a converter!"

HellNo

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
No I never said that, i know there are other things to consider as well..but after reading Spartan forums I don't know.. There are a lot of people of there that have legit complaints and only a small few that are actually beating on there trucks, those ones I don't feel bad for.

HellNo

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You may just be just living in a bubble. I was making fun of Jeff because if you read there forums you would know what I ment but you are probably not smart enough to do that.

Last edited:

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
You may just be just living in a bubble. I was making fun of Jeff because if you read there forums you would know what I ment but you are probably not smart enough to do that.

If you want to come in here and start something - forget it. If you want to give some constructive criticism and help all parties involved it would be welcomed. So far you have done nothing constructive. Citing some specific examples and not vague hand waiving about problems common to all abused tuned trucks would be a good start.

HellNo

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Nope not trying to start anything. I was just comenting on the OPs thread then answeing his question is all.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Nope not trying to start anything. I was just comenting on the OPs thread then answeing his question is all.

I don't consider this....

I think they suck.

....answering a question.

That looks to me like you were trying to start something. I'm pretty sure that might have even been your first post on this forum. That's a red flag in itself. I'll stick with my original response....you're a troll with the intentions of bashing Spartan Diesel Technologies.

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
The only complaint I have heard about SPARTAN is that it is not switch on the fly. I do not own 1 but have talked with 2 people that had them and that was the only thing they said bad about them!

Elliott

Reaction score
I have been a Spartan user since 2009. I was ready to burn my truck when it was stock (0-40,000km). The truck was in the shop constantly with DPF related issues. The truck just rolled over 152,000km and is still running great and has only required routine maintenance since I installed the Tuner. The last tune revision is an awesome addition to an already great tuning platform. There is a tune for any application, whether you race or use your truck for towing or anything in-between. I have had nothing but great things to say about Spartan and their customer support. There are a lot of great tunes available for 6.4L engines, but,I think that the DashDaq is one of the nicest platforms as far as gauges, displays, and customizations go.
Dave

BFT

Reaction score
I've had spartan since 08... even though I run Eric's tunes now, spartan got me out of a gnarly pinch because it still worked on my rig. There 210TP played nice with the new high powers from elite as well.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Hellno sounds just like that idiot from the other forums. Just a tard feeling big running his mouth.

HellNo

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Not running my mouth.. Free world just giving them feedback. that's how I feel I don't expect everyone to feel the same way..

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
I don't run spartan tunes but my little brother does and loves it, hell I love driving his truck.

And hellno your credibility and opinion is $HIT considering the few posts you have made were nothing but bs. Go hide under a bridge.

Fat fingered from the phone- Corey

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I don't run spartan tunes but my little brother does and loves it, hell I love driving his truck.

And hellno your credibility and opinion is $HIT considering the few posts you have made were nothing but bs. Go hide under a bridge.

Fat fingered from the phone- Corey

I see what you did there :clapping:

Pmac21

Reaction score
I have been running my spartan for about 8 months now and I love it. Yes I have run into a few hickups with it here and there, but it was not spartan's fault. I blew my hg's one night, but I had it on 275 tune, I had been drinking a little:blitzed:, and my friend with a twin turbo dmax challenged me! After about 6-8 back to back good hard runs she started to puke. The only thing I wish they would come out with is shift on the fly! I hate not being able to change tunes while driving down the street! Oh and Jeff has helped me many times troubleshooting my truck! Customer service has been great.