CUTTING EDGE DIESEL IS GOING TO PUT MY 05 F250 ON STEROIDS

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I towed a horse in a 16ft steel stock trailer with my 190s on a race tune. It was hot but nothing crazy. Im sure If I had a tow tune I would have been fine but heavy towing in any conditions other than flat country I would go 175s.

Skcbb

Reaction score
Why do y'all say it's not going to be 550? Matt's truck's track times added up to 560 I believe when he had 190's and a PowerMax. Kevin's truck also made 550 on a dyno with the same setup and a slipping tranny.

Heck, lubeowner dynoed a truck with 190's with stock nozzles, stock fuel system, stock FICM tune, and a custom tune and made 485 HP. So you guys are telling me that the combination of an AirDog, 75% nozzles, FICM tuning, and a PowerMax is only good for an extra 15 HP?

He also dynoed another truck with 175/75% injectors, stock turbo, FICM and ECM tunes and made 495 HP. So again, you guys are saying the addition of 190's and a PowerMax will only be good for 5 extra HP?

Hehe well I like your logic siskstroke. Didn't mean to stir things up. I don't know and won't know exactly how many horses I'll have cause i doubt ill get it dynoed. What I do have an idea about is that I will disappoint some of the young whippersnappers runnin around town in their mustangs and rice burners when I smoke em. I appreciate all the input. I gave my truck to Matt yesterday and get this....I live a few hundred miles from him and he met me 1/2 way with a flatbed and hauled it to his shop!! Can't beat that! I'm really looking forward to getting it back. I'll keep you guys posted.

DMAX

Reaction score
Like other's said Matt knows his stuff, I am sure you will love the truck when its done

Skcbb

Reaction score
We have this similar set up going on a truck next month, its a great fun DD set up. If your not 550, as said you will be close, but im sure you will be happy with it.

One question i have, the 190 75s will the pmax clear the fuel, or any concerns of running hot, were toying with injector sizes for the set up were gona do, i was just afraid with this truck doing a good bit of towing 190's might run on the hotter side, so we were looking at 175s
Yes, Matt and I discussed this. I NEVER tow anything. I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling as I'm about to retire and this is the most comfortable vehicle for a big man. I'm going to take it to Alaska next year and from there, nobody knows. I'll add a camper topper and thats it for added weight so Matt feels like I should be ok as far as heat goes. Thanks for the input.

strokin6L

Reaction score
With all the talk and success about the stage II durastroke from Adrian...this seems to be waaay better than the powermax turbo that needs no special tuning like the powermax does.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
Why the power Max there seems to be so many better options now days...

Can you name one, new, for $1200 w/ no core???

Like has been said, I have seen the 190s and pmax to be a fun street set up. It is hot and smokey, but very budget friendly. I just want more power so I will be moving away from the pmax.

Bang for your buck, the powermax is still king :redspotdance:

windrunner408

Reaction score
Well I can agree that Matt is a GREAT guy and knows how to make power from a 6.0 for sure AND the power WILL be very noticable above stock and should put a smile on your face for sure. :D

Best of luck for sure and I hope it works GREAT for ya.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
With all the talk and success about the stage II durastroke from Adrian...this seems to be waaay better than the powermax turbo that needs no special tuning like the powermax does.

I wouldn't necessarily call a few trucks running a new turbo for a short period of time successful yet (not saying it's not a good turbo by any means). as mentioned...the pmax is proven. plus, he's going to need custom tuning for the injectors anyways...nomsayin?

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I thought about the new turbo that Adrian is putting together but like lance said Gary is very covered with reliability and wasn't going to try a new turbo out on him.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Agreed... Everything new needs sometime to be proven and vetted before it is considered the "Holy Grail" IMO and if Matt is building a truck for someone, it's his dick on the line and not any of ours so it only stands to reason to go with what has been a proven combo to work.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
:whs:

Well put Nate. I also think that the work Adrian is doing is great, and another cheap turbo upgrade will be awesome. However, I am not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet.

I did that in the past when everyone was going on and on about the powermax how it was the greatest turbo of all time, so I bought one. I learned what a lot of others learned--that's its good but not the "holy grail". Since it was soooo hyped up, it seems like now a lot of people have some sort of vendetta against it :shrug:

I seriously hope the same doesn't happen to the MTW stage 1 turbos, but with all the hype, it wouldn't surprise me. I think eventually they will fall into the same category as the pmax: A cheap, reliable, and very fun upgrade to the stock turbo.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Agreed... Everything new needs sometime to be proven and vetted before it is considered the "Holy Grail" IMO and if Matt is building a truck for someone, it's his dick on the line and not any of ours so it only stands to reason to go with what has been a proven combo to work.

:whs: Matt is a great guy and does great work. The powermax is proven and if thats what he feels is the best choice, then thats the best choice. I can say that if I were in his shoes I would probably go with a powermax as well. Fact is that the MTW turbo's are brand new to the market. I think there are only about 18 out there. Now in a year or two when there are more out there and the results are on the table, maybe the choice will be different.

Skcbb

Reaction score
Hello again,
A quick update..Matt's be working on my truck at Cutting Edge Diesel and got it back together and fired it up and found a small compression leak at a valve. Soooo he took it back apart and is working to fix that. Now while that's not the best news in the world, I'm glad that he didn't just call it good and give it back to me like that. I feel comfortable that when I do get it back, it will be good to go. I'll let you guys know how the build turns out. Stay tuned. I'm enjoying all the back and forth on this. I'm really liking all the positive comments about Matt. He has a good reputation and so far he's lived up to it!!

Latest posts

Members online