Cylinder heads: Ported vs Stock?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
This little write up has renewed my faith in the pistons. If it something that can be solved rather then the apparent luck of the draw theory everyone seemed to follow a year ago I'm all in for that.

Ported manifold added to the list LOL

derrick36

Reaction score
Well, these are from a 6.0 but if a person had access to a fabricator, they might be a relatively cheap option as well.

Would they solve the flow problems of our intakes?

Sorry about the size of the pics.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

customintake2.jpg

customintake1.jpg

Taken from this thread:

derrick36

Reaction score
I don't know if mods have the ability but if someone could resize those pics they wouldn't be so annoying.

Gearhead

Reaction score
Ported heads widen a boosted engine's powerband by making more power when under the effeciency range of the turbos. Also you have more airflow with less boost under towing conditions and cruise which leads to lower egts because of the boost/drive ratio of the turbo.

ProjecT 9

Reaction score
Ported heads widen a boosted engine's powerband by making more power when under the effeciency range of the turbos. Also you have more airflow with less boost under towing conditions and cruise which leads to lower egts because of the boost/drive ratio of the turbo.

Ah nice, I wasn't even thinking of normal driving conditions. I was just thinking of WOT.

So that would be nice for a DD.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
mine lost 6psi of boost with portwork. so i know te porting was pretty substantial.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
mine lost 6psi of boost with portwork. so i know te porting was pretty substantial.

That right there sums it up the best...

Pressure is the measure of a restriction anyway, if the restriction number goes down, then it tells you there is improvments

Gearhead

Reaction score
But with ported heads you will see an increase in mass flow through the hot side of turbo(s) because you are moving more air so the boost/drive ratio may change under WOT conditions in some cases depending on turbine flow characteristics.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.