D66 trouble

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my D66 and so far things aren't really that stellar. Truck seems to run ok, not smokey but a little laggy, only producing about 22lbs of boost at wot around 3k. I'm learning as I go here, but is it the red hose you unhook and block off to prevent the wastegate from opening? My 160's should have enough fuel to spool this charger should they not? It's a 1.1 housing also....

Going to build a leak tester hopefully tonight but figured I'd try the wastegate route first.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Yes you should be able to break 30, are you sure you dont have a pre turbo exhaust leak, and youre right about looking for boost leaks too

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
Yes you should be able to break 30, are you sure you dont have a pre turbo exhaust leak, and youre right about looking for boost leaks too

Pre turbo exhaust leak? As in boots, etc? Not 100% sure, no.. truck has almost 200k kilometers so I'm sure it's time for a new set of boots anyways. We went over everything when the turbo was installed, but short of using a leak detector we were unable to find anything wrong.

Seeing as boost is low and there isn't a whole bunch of smoke, should I assume that it is not an exhaust leak?

edit: tunes were written for the stock turbo, would it be beneficial to have new tunes installed?

littleredstroker

Reaction score
Pre turbo exhaust leak? As in boots, etc? Not 100% sure, no.. truck has almost 200k kilometers so I'm sure it's time for a new set of boots anyways. We went over everything when the turbo was installed, but short of using a leak detector we were unable to find anything wrong.

Seeing as boost is low and there isn't a whole bunch of smoke, should I assume that it is not an exhaust leak?

edit: tunes were written for the stock turbo, would it be beneficial to have new tunes installed?

Pre turbo = uppies, leaky manifolds, cracked manifolds and such, anything in the exhaust before the turbo that's leaking. It will be obvious. A nice soot spot will show

sent while looking at a hole in my block

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.