Danny's 6.4 Elite Build!

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
Danny sent his truck to us from Boise Idaho for a simple head stud job and a few little go fast goodies. We got the truck here, Cab off, and found a little surprise!

Getting ready to get the cab up!
2012-01-11_18-07-35_222.jpg

Cab up...
2012-01-12_17-50-56_261.jpg

2012-01-12_17-51-12_827.jpg

And our little surprise!!
2012-01-16_10-45-23_530.jpg

2012-01-16_10-45-13_442.jpg

2012-01-16_10-57-39_82.jpg

Danny's truck will be getting:

EDE Stage 1 Short block, EDE Stage 1 Cam, EDE HD Coated Pistons,
EDE heads w/ Hardened seats, and all the normal goodies!

We will post pics and update as we progress!

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
THOSE PICS LOOK LIKE GOOD JOB SECURITY.
what was it rubtured oil cooler or cavitated front cover.

really doesnt matter now he must of laid some coin down for the repair and now the build

Danny26

Reaction score
Yup, it was an unwelcomed suprise.

A little back story on the truck.

Found it at an auto auction for cheap. After checking it I found a whole in the radiator and it built pressure in the coolant system pretty fast, so I thought it was just the EGR. After deleting the EGR and tuning it it still burnt coolant fast and made a weird popping noise. Beleive it or not I did check the oil level when I bought it and it looked good, apparently the sludge didnt show on the stick :) My guess is previous owner was not the brightest and kept adding coolant even though it was burning it. I knew it was a risk when I bought it from an auction, but I really wanted a 6.4 :thumbsup:

Good news now is I will be getting a awesome setup from Elite. Block, heads, cam, pistons and hopefully more pending the cash flow. Wasn't planning on going this extreme with it off the bat, but mind as well now, gonna be a bit of a step up from my stock 7.3...

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
stuff like this always makes me nervous with all the stuff going wrong on my truck i'm just waiting for something like this to happen

Danny26

Reaction score
Weird part is the truck drove fine otherwise, even Anthony said it ran fine when he pulled it in the shop. I still can't beleive it didn't hydrolock..

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Turbos are likely junk too.

Not to Danny. But people that allow their trucks to run into such disrepair, should be made to drive ladas and yugos for the rest of their lives. This really annoys me.

Last edited:

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
Yup, it was an unwelcomed suprise.

A little back story on the truck.

Found it at an auto auction for cheap. After checking it I found a whole in the radiator and it built pressure in the coolant system pretty fast, so I thought it was just the EGR. After deleting the EGR and tuning it it still burnt coolant fast and made a weird popping noise. Beleive it or not I did check the oil level when I bought it and it looked good, apparently the sludge didnt show on the stick :) My guess is previous owner was not the brightest and kept adding coolant even though it was burning it. I knew it was a risk when I bought it from an auction, but I really wanted a 6.4 :thumbsup:

Good news now is I will be getting a awesome setup from Elite. Block, heads, cam, pistons and hopefully more pending the cash flow. Wasn't planning on going this extreme with it off the bat, but mind as well now, gonna be a bit of a step up from my stock 7.3...

sounds like it was worth the risk in the long hual

im not a beliver in eletes customer service but i respect their work and if i had to chose a company to ship my truck to it would be Twisted,Elete,Rudys

great choice by far

Latest posts

Members online