Dash lights stopped working

pilot4life

Reaction score
Anyone got a wiring diagram for the back of the light switch? All my lights work except for my dash lights. Even the light switch itself dims but the rest gauges, AC controls, 4 wheel drive switch all stopped working. If I bypass the light switch I can get them to illuminate but they are a bit bright so I am thinking its something inside of the switches output has gone bad.

Thanks

pilot4life

Reaction score
I was worried you would say that...I had replaced all the illumination lights inside of it with blue LED's. Guess I get to solder some more. Any good suppliers that wont bend ya over?

yzrmbsg

Reaction score
I was worried you would say that...I had replaced all the illumination lights inside of it with blue LED's. Guess I get to solder some more. Any good suppliers that wont bend ya over?

You soldered your dash lights? Or what? They make plug n play for that **** these days! I hope you didn't take the time to solder them.

pilot4life

Reaction score
I did the work 4 years ago when those didn't exist. The window switches, cruise control, and pedal adjustment was an absolute solder job. If I have to replace any of my work in the instrument cluster, 4 wheel drive switch, or AC controls I will get the bulbs. It took a lot of time to get enough illumination in each panel to make them all the same light intensity at night.

Last edited:

pilot4life

Reaction score
I thought it was the full light switch? I can't see a way of replacing the dimmer without replacing the whole thing. I see it anywhere from $55-$85. Need it with the Auto headlight and fog light functions.

pilot4life

Reaction score
This is what I am finding. All I need is the dimmer but I cant find that as an individual part.

$(KGrHqR,!o4E8Vdw)yglBPFbDwOeYw~~_35.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.