DD Dual disch clutch

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
The general consensus seems to be Valair. Do a lot of you guys use the kevlar bushing in these are just run the roller bearing?

Mine has the kevlar bushing.

Also I think made alot better then the one used on the SB clutches...

When I took my SB out the bushing was ate to ****. Clutch was only year and a half old and truck is stock.

Reaction score
I've got a Valair sprung hub ceramic DD in my truck. Don't know what they set the pressure plate at, but it shifts just like it did with the single disc in it and the pedal is just a little heavier than it used to be. It's a great clutch. I daily drive it, drag race it, and tow with it every so often and it doesn't care. It got hit with 3rd gear drag strip launches right out of the gate with only about 5 miles on it. Considering that it wasn't broken in properly, it can get a little bit grabby backing a trailer, but it's no big deal. It still isn't as grabby as the single disc ceramic was.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I've got a Valair sprung hub ceramic DD in my truck. Don't know what they set the pressure plate at, but it shifts just like it did with the single disc in it and the pedal is just a little heavier than it used to be. It's a great clutch. I daily drive it, drag race it, and tow with it every so often and it doesn't care. It got hit with 3rd gear drag strip launches right out of the gate with only about 5 miles on it. Considering that it wasn't broken in properly, it can get a little bit grabby backing a trailer, but it's no big deal. It still isn't as grabby as the single disc ceramic was.

IIRC same pressure plate on their biggest ceramic single and the dual. 3850#

And I agree, the single ceramic is grabby as ***. Once you learn it though you can control it.

I bought a new master and slave when I got my Valair and wow what a difference.

Reaction score
IIRC same pressure plate on their biggest ceramic single and the dual. 3850#

And I agree, the single ceramic is grabby as ***. Once you learn it though you can control it.

I bought a new master and slave when I got my Valair and wow what a difference.

Yeah, it's a 3850. The single ceramic really wasn't bad either.. Like you said, you learn how to drive it and it works good. :D

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
It came with mine. Im sure you can buy any part seperate. But when I ordered mine I got clutch disk, pressure plate, flywheel, throw out bearing, kevlar pilot bearing, and alignment tool.

This reminds me. They dont give out decals with thier stuff, or at least I didnt get one. I need to call them. LOL

Reaction score
Do you recommend buying any parts instead of using certain ones that come with the kit

Just use what comes with your kit. The kit will come with the clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, pilot bearing, and alignment tool. That's all you need unless you just want a new flywheel or you have somehow destroyed your flywheel. Of course OBS guys have to get a new flywheel to get rid of the DMF, but SD's don't have that problem.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I had the 13 inch solid mass SB flywheel. And the POS SB clutch hub springs fell out and drug around and around untill I could afford to get it fixed, causing a 1/4 inch deep ditch in a circle around the flywheel. It was only one spring that fell out...the holders simply broke off and the spring was able to move about freely instead of being contained with in the hub.
431603_385858334762754_866139693_n.jpg

427482_385858401429414_515917373_n.jpg

Dieselfever

Reaction score
I have the Haisley Street puller in my '97 and it has been in there for going on 4 years and over 33k miles. It has a fairly stiff pedal but is less effort than the factory DMFW that it replaced. Also it has solid Sintered Iron discs and is grabby, but I can still back up trailers fine with 3.55 gears, some of the heavier ones I use low range just for comfort. It shifts great, best 1/4 mi time was 14.3 @ 93.5 mph and that was with a bad launch/suspension. I honestly think I could run somewhere in the high 13's with this truck if I could get it to hook up and launch correctly but shifting with it isn't holding me back.

You can get the Street drag or street Twin, which are both less $$ than the street puller and should be less aggressive, The street puller is actually overkill for what I use it for but I liked the idea of having room to grow, plus I got it through a deal. I would call Haisley and talk to them about it if you are interested in one of their clutches and they'll get you pointed in the right direction.

-Michael

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I have the Haisley Street puller in my '97 and it has been in there for going on 4 years and over 33k miles. It has a fairly stiff pedal but is less effort than the factory DMFW that it replaced. Also it has solid Sintered Iron discs and is grabby, but I can still back up trailers fine with 3.55 gears, some of the heavier ones I use low range just for comfort. It shifts great, best 1/4 mi time was 14.3 @ 93.5 mph and that was with a bad launch/suspension. I honestly think I could run somewhere in the high 13's with this truck if I could get it to hook up and launch correctly but shifting with it isn't holding me back.

You can get the Street drag or street Twin, which are both less $$ than the street puller and should be less aggressive, The street puller is actually overkill for what I use it for but I liked the idea of having room to grow, plus I got it through a deal. I would call Haisley and talk to them about it if you are interested in one of their clutches and they'll get you pointed in the right direction.

-Michael

Im guessing thats in your ZF-6? Do you know if they make one for the 5?

I know Valair makes a dual disk sintered iron puller clutch.

Latest posts

Members online