Dead batteries

CrossTx

Reaction score
Recently i had amp research steps and a amp/sub installed in my trk by two different shops. I suspect it is the amplifier install that killed my batteries.
My issue is my batteries r completely drained and i am planning on replacing them anyways but i left my truck like this before leaving town. It has been dead for 5 days now. Is this going to damage any of the electronics in my truck?
I will be back home tomorrow or tuesday and i will replace batts and find the issue. Just missing my truck and worried i might cause another issue leaving it dead this long
Thoughts?

Crack85

Reaction score
I doubt it will damage any electronics. I've had my batteries go dead for a month one time n no problems. Just changed em and everything worked as normal.

Atsah

Reaction score
I don't see how anything could be damaged.. All data that controls everything is burned to a EEPROM and can't be changed until something writes over what's allready there..

Last edited:

CrossTx

Reaction score
It was probably a dumb question haha
I just never left one if my trucks like this for this long lol
Ill be home soon and get it goin again

135Hoster

Reaction score
If your batteries are totally flat, try to charge them as much as you can before driving off to get your wiring looked at.

Jump starting the truck, then having the alternator charge the battery is quite taxing on it.

In summer it's not a big deal to leave a dead battery laying around. In winter when temps dip below freezing, a flat battery will freeze rendering it useless.

If you have a 15/20 amp charger, I'd put it on that overnight or until the batteries hit 85-90%, then leave it on a 2A battery tender until you get the drain figured out.

I bet a nickel on it being the amp install. With a charged battery, see if the amps power/status light stays on even after the truck is off.

Blacknight

Reaction score
Keep in mind your cranking amps for your truck is 750 so even though you might be able to listen to the radio or the steps work after hitting your batteries with a charger, it might not be enough to jump the truck. I ran into this recently and my charger wouldn't get my batteries juiced up enough due to having a bad cell. Luckily my father-in-law came by and jumped me otherwise I would have had to wait for the wifey. Having a set of jumper cables can definitely come in handy.

Latest posts

Members online