Dead dash and radio at random

little luke

Reaction score
2006 f250 lariat. While driving down the road all, my gauges, message center, and radio all go blank at random times. They will only stay off for about 30 second before they regain power. I believe I can hear a relay click when power is restored. Also when I try to retrieve diagnostic codes with my act it gives an error message. At work so haven't had time to look into to much. Any help getting me poi ted in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

blackie375

Reaction score
seems to me we had one do that and it was a bad cluster. I think the power windows would quit too

Profuzz

Reaction score
Circuit Board Medic they'll fix u up ! Just done mine about3- weeks ago

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Cluster. You can pound on the dash right above the speedo and it might kick back on.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Circuit Board Medic they'll fix u up ! Just done mine about3- weeks ago

Another vote for the cluster.

Has anyone done business with this company on a regular basis? I have numerous things I would like for them to take a look at.

Profuzz

Reaction score
Ive only dealt with them once ,but I would highly recommend them to anyone !!

little luke

Reaction score
I believe this is the route ill take^^^

Website says $170 for repair and some upgrades

Question, they offer an led light upgrade. I thought our clusters already had leds?

Profuzz

Reaction score
Cant drive with out it ! I paid a core charge they sent another then I sent mine back call them they'll explain

little luke

Reaction score
Ok, just to update this. I just got my dash back last night and everything works great. Im now able to pull diagnostic codes. Just pulled 5 codes for glow plugs. Guess thats next on my list. Thank yall for the advise.

Also, im assuming this was related to the dash, the last time I drove it before I pulled the dash, the truck would cut out and the TQ converter would unlock while the dash was out. As soon as the dash came back on after a few miles everything went back to normal.

1BD9D7

Reaction score
Dads 2006 xlt had the exact problems you describe (and the power windows would stop also) and it took a new cluster to fix it. Be sure and record your miles in case you do have to replace it rather than fix it. I think you do NEED a cluster to drive it but I truly never tried it out to make sure lol. Good luck, I guess the potential downtime is the drawback to sending it off for repair, surely they understand you need it back ASAP

little luke

Reaction score
I sent it out on a Monday and got it back frieday. It was to bad, just had to drive the stang for a week. Everything is working great now. The gauges seem to react better.

Latest posts

Members online