Dead pedal issue?

dasboot

Reaction score
Yesterday , after a quick run my truck wouldn't turn over. The engine would crank then the engine would shutter real bad and not start. I did have the water in fuel light coming recently. I had just added the day before some Power Service Clear-Diesel. I drained the fuel at the water separator. The truck took two more key turns then she cranked up. Ok a glob of water must have passed through the system.

Lately I been feeling a brief second of a dead pedal. I couldn't tell if it is me on the accelerator pedal or the truck. After yesterday’s problem, this morning the truck cranked up smoother than anything I seen in a while. Driving to work this morning I though I kept feeling that dead pedal. This happens at low acceleration. Then the whole pedal acceleration went DEAD. The engine was running , but no matter how I stomped on the pedal, nothing. I coasted in a parking lot and put it in park. No acceleration, engine running but ruff. Then it just kicked in. I put it in gear and hauled ass to the shop.

My Scangauge is saying stored codes, but won’t pull them. Today one of our techs and I are going to put the engine scanner on it and see what it is reading.

Anyways I thought I would see what you think and where I should look

dasboot

Reaction score
Ok I am assuming I had two issues happening in a short period. One water in fuel and the other my accelerator positioning sensor is going south.

Latest posts

Members online