Dead spot off idle?

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
I've searched and couldn't find an answer, so I apologize if its been discussed. I couldn't find it.

Is it normal for there to be somewhat of a dead spot when just touching the pedal? I feel like I have to push the pedal a good bit before anything happens sometimes. Just so we are clear, I'm not talking about turbo lag. I know what that feels like. Its just during normal driving, like leaving a stop sign. I push the pedal slowly, nothing really happens, then suddenly the truck starts moving. Pretty often, Ive pushed the pedal more than I needed to, and acceleration isn't smooth like I feel it should be. Is the drive by wire delay just that bad? I think I can get used to it over time if thats just how it is, it just makes me curious. The truck has had weight loss surgery, which is why I put it in aftermarket rather than tech. Hope thats correct.

Thanks for any help, guys!

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
what tune you using? I believe some of it is due to the turbo veins being open at idle as discussed in another thread. I have same issue and will reinstall and try the "hiss" tune shortly. I honestly can not remember if it was this bad on the other tune before they deleyeed the hiss

Jomax

Reaction score
The delay is just that bad. Especially if you came from a 7.3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drservo

Reaction score
I think you're feeling hill assist, brake is still engaged for a sec after you take your foot off the pedal on any slight incline. I hate it!

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
what tune you using? I believe some of it is due to the turbo veins being open at idle as discussed in another thread. I have same issue and will reinstall and try the "hiss" tune shortly. I honestly can not remember if it was this bad on the other tune before they deleyeed the hiss

I'm running an SCT tune from someone that prefers to not be mentioned, and I believe it's pretty old. That may have something to do with it. The truck was tuned when I bought it, so I'm not exactly sure what stock feels like either.

The delay is just that bad. Especially if you came from a 7.3

I came from a 6.4 a few years ago, and I don't remember a delay like this, though it may have been there as well and I've just forgotten.

I think you're feeling hill assist, brake is still engaged for a sec after you take your foot off the pedal on any slight incline. I hate it!

If it didn't happen at any incline, I'd think this was the issue for sure. That's what it feels like. Happens at any incline though

Jomax

Reaction score

I'm one of the few that likes it. Lol.

ckrueg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all of them have a pedal delay. S partan removed it with their qr files from what I've heard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
I don't mind hill start assist, but this feels like a true delay in the throttle. It could certainly be in the tuning, I'm just trying to figure that out.

I sure did! Nate is a very good friend of mine.

Sweet man I thought I recognized BB Dos in your signature. I'm guessing he got a '17?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure all of them have a pedal delay. S partan removed it with their qr files from what I've heard

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gotcha. It makes sense for sure. Once I change the tuning up, I'll see about getting it adjusted or removed. Some days, like today, it doesn't bother me. It just depends.

cappa

Reaction score
Yeah I'm running the spar qr and have never noticed any delay in the pedal. Also have nl stg 2 but it is pretty responsive off the line.

TexAg56

Reaction score
I recently just swapped to ******* tuning and idk about all tunes but the warhammerx has removed pedal dampening. Wow this thing is touchy lol. Took me a bit to get used too but if you are looking for a touchy pedal this is what you need lol

Santa Gertrudis

Reaction score
I had ******* tuning on my 6.4, and the throttle was pretty touchy with it. I actually loved it like that LOL It was easy to get used to for me for whatever reason. I really appreciate everyone's responses! Sounds like what I'm feeling can be fixed via tuning

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.