Death wobble... where to start

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
Got word yesterday evening that I need to replace my drag link. I searched around and saw that pmf made an aftermarket. But it is $400. You guys think I should replace with an oem? Haven't got a quote on OEM one yet. Will know later today.

Buck1

Reaction score
I've had both. Nothing wrong with the PMF. Will need to do that or a drop bracket to center axle.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
So far have replaced track bar and recently the drag link. Took it out for a drive, hit another dip at 70mph and here it went again. Death wobble. Ball joints look good according to the dealer and so does everything on the front end? They told me that they threw a different set of tires on it and drove it. No more death wobble? Can this be the cause? I'm gonna drive it with the new set of tires and see if what they claim is true.

Jomax

Reaction score
The tires are a possibility what brand tires did you have on it?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TrickTruck

Reaction score
Never experienced death wobble on mine.

Ran the last set of tires until they were nearly bald too. Evenly worn, but no tread left.

King shocks and stabilizers. Icon drag link and springs. +15 offset on the wheels.

No issues.

**edit, see you have BFG...sorry

Jomax

Reaction score
That's your issue. Bfgs are complete crap in these trucks. Type in BFG tires with death wobble. Dodge guys found out long ago the Bfgs can't take the weight of diesel trucks.

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
That's your issue. Bfgs are complete crap in these trucks. Type in BFG tires with death wobble. Dodge guys found out long ago the Bfgs can't take the weight of diesel trucks.

Wow that's pretty crazy! Guess it's time to upgrade to some 35s! Any suggestions on what tire to go with?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Wow that's pretty crazy! Guess it's time to upgrade to some 35s! Any suggestions on what tire to go with?

:eek: whenever I hear someone say they're running rugged terrain's it gives me the creep's. All of our work truck's have come with those tires and they're junk! We've had a lot of blow outs with those tires.
I am personally going with the Toyo open country R/T next, they're sexy!

Jomax

Reaction score
I love my toyo R/Ts. In the offroad world with these trucks, toyo has been the top dog. They take the abuse with these heavy trucks going FAST offroad.. mine has been put through their paces. Ford guys using their trucks offroad plus dodge guys swear by them.

I love toyo lol

dsmracing1

Reaction score
I love my toyo R/Ts. In the offroad world with these trucks, toyo has been the top dog. They take the abuse with these heavy trucks going FAST offroad.. mine has been put through their paces. Ford guys using their trucks offroad plus dodge guys swear by them.

I love toyo lol

Well if Dodge guys swear by them lol . Glad to hear you like em. Gonna be picking up a set here in a month or two once the MT's wear out....

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Sounds good. However. We have a fleet of 250 gasses. 11 models. All of which have death wobble and different tires. Hankook. Michelin. Ect ect..... Ford flat out will not take the issue on. Down side to being fleet trucks.

Jomax

Reaction score
Sounds good. However. We have a fleet of 250 gasses. 11 models. All of which have death wobble and different tires. Hankook. Michelin. Ect ect..... Ford flat out will not take the issue on. Down side to being fleet trucks.

Man that sucks. Track bar ball joint?

TrickTruck

Reaction score

That's just crazy. Why would Ford not address that?

And what could be causing it?

I have mine w/ 6kmi, had the stockers, Nitto Terra and now the Terra G2 and have not once experienced death wobble.

A buddy of mine has a 350 leveled, stock wheels and those horrible BFG tires and he's never had death wobble. I put his wheels & tires on my truck once and tried them. Absolutely hated them from the sec I pulled out of the parking lot. On the highway it felt like a boat. Get back to the nittos and it's tight.

Must be something common to all your trucks that's not see to us. I wonder what it is.

I'd think our leveling kits would decrease caster and cause any death wobble characteristics even worse.

I run a top of the line King stabilizers, but my buddy is on stock.

I've got Icon springs, he's got some POS spacer lift.

Weird, love to help, but I'm pretty stumped too.

Maybe you guys have got 100 bad stabilizers...or a bad batch, or wore azz out

MileHigh6.7

Reaction score
Yeah haven't really even got to ****** my truck, or do anything to it that I wanted. Death wobble should of been addressed by ford a long time ago. It's a serious cause. I really hope replacing these tires takes care of the issue..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.