Decided to try some painted bumpers

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a billet insert behind the shell of a harley grille?

I really really want a gloss black billet insert on mine.

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Ok, I ended up with a day off today. The weather was AWESOME!! So I decided to go ahead and switch the bumpers over. Not a whole lot to say. I took the old ones off and put the new ones on lol. While I had the front bumper off, I went ahead and cleaned up the wiring on my HID's for my foglights. It was just kind of crammed in there and zip-tied before. I used some zip-ties to mount the ballasts to the foglight brackets, then I used another zip-tie to pull all of the wiring up behind the bracket. Here's what it looked like when I finished:

c0d71818.jpg

fc534535.jpg

On the front bumper, I pulled my upper pad (silver) off of my chrome bumper, and put it in place of the white pad on the bumper I bought. The rear was just a matter of unbolting the old one, taking it off, and putting the new one in it's place. I really like the painted bumpers, now I just need to get a grill ordered. I know, enough chit-chat, here are some pics of the finished product:

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

IMG_0414.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Thanks, I really like how it looks. I also pulled the chrome tow hooks off and put some black ones in. Definitely need to get one of these ordered, so I can drop it off and have it painted.

ScreenShot2011-10-09at30548PM-1.png

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
just the back of the bumper put together. i have my front end at the paint shop and i have the brackets here so i have to put it all together

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Ive got one too . Just chrome shell. No upper pad, lower pad or brackets.

Latest posts

Members online