Degas bottle ??? Oil

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Actually all 3 are relatively close off belt and 290/249 area. PSE is off West Beltway and fallbrook

Last edited:

Irontx

Reaction score
Another little fyi......... By the time you see the gauges on the dash move.... Your already screwed. Just because they look normal..... Doesn't mean things are good. Getcha a good set of gauges while you got your wallet out.

Irontx

Reaction score
Got some gauges. Trans , egt, and boost. All seem normal

Those are great and all...... Egt is the only one ya got that really matters...... Fuel pressure.. Ect and eot would be great to have. I've had a tranny gauge forever now..... Only time it ever showed me it was hot.....damage was already done... Lol.....

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Those are great and all...... Egt is the only one ya got that really matters...... Fuel pressure.. Ect and eot would be great to have. I've had a tranny gauge forever now..... Only time it ever showed me it was hot.....damage was already done... Lol.....

Holy crap he lives!

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
I know what you mean. I went through that to. If the head gaskets blown, why is there no white smoke?

Most likely it is just oil cooler since there is oil in coolant. If coolant was in oil and loosing coolant then be HGs. But HG will go if u have not had them done already, just time.

Snake

Reaction score
Genuinely sorry to hear about your situation, and be prepared for an expensive repair bill. Based on what you're posting, you're going to need an oil cooler, an EGR cooler, headgaskets, and a thorough cooling system flush at a minimum. There's also a chance some or all of your injectors will need to be replaced, and hopefully your heads aren't warped or cracked. The 6.0 is a domino engine: when one.component fails, it takes out the next one in line. In your case (and many other people), the oil cooler clogs or ruptures, which takes out the EGR cooler, then the head gaskets. It's possible to hydrolock the motor or bend rods/valves if the truck continues to be driven. Because of this, its critical to have some type of monitoring solution in place, either regular gauges or something like an Edge CTS or ScangaugeII. This will help you pick up things like a temp difference of >15* between your coolant and oil, an indicator of a clogged oil cooler.

Dieselroller

Reaction score
I'm in 6.0 hell!! Took truck to powerstroke magic. Oil cooler broke, needs oil cooler, radiator, hoses, degas bottle, on top of that the heads are cracked! So new heads, head studs and egr block. Think I covered most of it. Oh well!! At least I finally got it studded and deleted. Now I can move on to the fun stuff !!!:fustrate::fustrate::tree:

Latest posts

Members online