Delay shifting into drive.

SpyderX

Reaction score
This morning the truck had a 2-3sec delay before engaging into first. Also done it sitting at a red light letting of the brake. Done it several times. It's intermittent. It's deleeted and egr plated. The shifts from 2nd to 3rd are firm since the deleet. Truck is a 2012 with 70,000 miles with not much towing. I drive in street mode and have a light foot. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sootie

Reaction score
it is the anti roll back feature you are experiencing.

Jomax

Reaction score
Update: only does it while sitting on an incline.

Hill start assist. Most people hate it, I love it. I park on a inclined driveway and it's nice.

Reaction score
I've noticed mine does it also. Let off the brake and a second later the calipers let go. Is this what your saying is the hill assist and do all 6.7's come with it?

JRLott

Reaction score
Hill start assist. Most people hate it, I love it. I park on a inclined driveway and it's nice.

I'm in the hate it category. My driveway is inclined, and it drives me nuts trying to ease it into the garage. I don't see a need for it with an auto trans. I do wish my 82 4 speed GMC had it. LOL

I set my parking brake, put trans in neutral, let off the brake, then put in park. Leaving, it goes in gear then take raking brake off. Drives me nuts to hear a tranny complain coming out of park. Probably just my OCD.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm in the hate it category. My driveway is inclined, and it drives me nuts trying to ease it into the garage. I don't see a need for it with an auto trans. I do wish my 82 4 speed GMC had it. LOL

I set my parking brake, put trans in neutral, let off the brake, then put in park. Leaving, it goes in gear then take raking brake off. Drives me nuts to hear a tranny complain coming out of park. Probably just my OCD.

I do the same with the park brake. My dad taught me that. Best thing you can do on an incline.

JRLott

Reaction score
Glad it's not just me. LOL Grew up driving standards, so parking brake was used regularly. It's always made me cringe seeing people throw it in park and watch the vehicle bounce off the parking pawl, and the inevitable banging and clanging coming out of park just screamed not healthy.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I like the assist. Comes in handy when you have a trailer behind you on a dirt road, and your partner is opening a gate. You don't feel like you have hustle to the skinny pedal.

JRLott

Reaction score
I guess. I'd rather move my foot than wonder when the truck is gonna decide to release the brakes. If it's that big an issue...I have two feet. Can brake while other foot is on the accelerator. Much easier than heel/toeing it with a standard. I guess it's simply one of those technology "improvements" for which I have no use.

Last edited:

sstrobl

Reaction score
ive been noticing this too, was worried it was a trans issue but it always happens on an incline. i never noticed it for the first 6 months and since i put the bigger tires on i started to notice it. thanks fellas

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This morning the truck had a 2-3sec delay before engaging into first. Also done it sitting at a red light letting of the brake. Done it several times. It's intermittent. It's deleeted and egr plated. The shifts from 2nd to 3rd are firm since the deleet. Truck is a 2012 with 70,000 miles with not much towing. I drive in street mode and have a light foot. Anyone else experience this?

So there might be two issues going on here.

On the early build 2012s i think JAN-JUNE the transmission pump had some sort of issue where they were slow to pick up fluid and then would slam into gear. My truck did it with like 12000 Miles on it and they took care of it under warranty. There was a TSB out on the issue. SO if it does it cold on flat ground you might want to have that checked out. Mine would do it every single time if you would start it up and put it in gear right away cold. If you let the truck warm up you probably wont notice because it will have picked up enough oil by then to move just fine.

The other issue for sure is the hill assist feature. I love it.

Let me know if your early morning issue matches my symptom

Latest posts

Members online