Delete Question

donniesd

Reaction score
So i ordered a H&S MiniMaxx and Flo Pro SS857NB delete pipe.

1. Dose the dpf delete pipe do both in deleting the def and dpf?
2. Is EGR delete necessary? Or is just unplugging it ok.

I am just looking for some more MPG and some more roar. No plans on running hot tunes or huge power numbers.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
So i ordered a H&S MiniMaxx and Flo Pro SS857NB delete pipe.

1. Dose the dpf delete pipe do both in deleting the def and dpf?
2. Is EGR delete necessary? Or is just unplugging it ok.

I am just looking for some more MPG and some more roar. No plans on running hot tunes or huge power numbers.

Yes the DPF delete deletes the DEF urea and DPF

H&S advises to unplug the EGR in the tuner manual. EGR delete is required to monitor EGT's but is no mandatory only if you want to monitor EGT's which you should.

Dalton_H

Reaction score
I would do the egr delete. Takes about 2 hours with painting the blocker plates and everything and the h&s delete only cost $140. Longest part of the job is draining the coolant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragu9000

Reaction score
I highly suggest just installing the 2 block off plates. doing the full delete is nice but if and when you need to go back to stock its going to be a pain to install the entire cooler again. the plates just delete the pipes and install the probe. I do not advise just unplugging and leaving. The cooler and fill up with soot and have issues if you need to turn it back on. (speaking from experience)

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
i run a full delete from sinister. started with the block off plates for the egt probe, then went to a full delete. the full delete opens up more room in the engine bay, and removes about a 100 lbs of crap off of the motor.

donniesd

Reaction score
I highly suggest just installing the 2 block off plates. doing the full delete is nice but if and when you need to go back to stock its going to be a pain to install the entire cooler again. the plates just delete the pipes and install the probe. I do not advise just unplugging and leaving. The cooler and fill up with soot and have issues if you need to turn it back on. (speaking from experience)

Any instructions on doing just the blockoff plates?

donniesd

Reaction score

These work?

http://www.dpfdeletekits.com/egrplate-6-7ford.html

BK39

Reaction score
Any instructions on doing just the blockoff plates?
My kit from Rudy's came with the instructions, but instructions really aren't needed, it is super easy. The block off plates are easier then the deleting the DPF. IF you plan on doing an intake, do the block off plates while the factory intake is removed, it just allows for more working room and easier to get to the sensor plug. If you aren't doing an intake, don't worry about it, it's still easy.

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score
Wouldn't worry about a full delete just that must more to have to put back on if ever needed. The block off plates are easy as can be also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Wouldn't worry about a full delete just that must more to have to put back on if ever needed. The block off plates are easy as can be also.

while i acknowledge what you are saying, have you seen what the egr does to the valve train and heads? not too mention egt's and spoolup ?

CATDiezel

Reaction score
while i acknowledge what you are saying, have you seen what the egr does to the valve train and heads? not too mention egt's and spoolup ?

He's referring to just leaving the giant hunk on top of the valve cover deemed useless.

Any way to just shut the egr off without deleting it?

live life full throttle

No-- quit being a pansy and just delete the stopped up pig already. It almost like trying to make Michael Jordan during a 1989 slam dunk contest breathe through a dirty wadded up sock stuffed in his mouth and fart through a coffee straw.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am going to be doing a full delete that i have. instead of plugging off the secondary cooling system, i wanted to make my own bypass line. I have seen some companies make them. But i hate to spend 80 to 100 dollars on them. Does anyone know what size hose i would need?

farmin powerstroke

Reaction score

I fully understand that's why I was saying the block off plates a a easy way to fix that. By doing that still leave the other bs on there and only takes about 20 min to install or to reverse it it ever needed. At that point it is not longer running the egr through the engine.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I am going to be doing a full delete that i have. instead of plugging off the secondary cooling system, i wanted to make my own bypass line. I have seen some companies make them. But i hate to spend 80 to 100 dollars on them. Does anyone know what size hose i would need?

I'll save you the trouble and make you a deal on mine

Latest posts

Members online