Delete questions

Farmrod

Reaction score
So I plan to delete my exhaust on my new truck but on this one im curious if there is any way to delete the egr valve and use my no limit elbow and cac pipe and also leave the coolers in place for warranty purposes I just hate to remove the coolers and then have to put them back on for any warranty work. Also if need be I can plug the coolant passages but I'm wondering if I can just block off the end of the top cooler and leave them in place

Chris

Commandos888

Reaction score
I would leave them in there till warranty is up. The CAC system from no limit is crazy!!! you will be very happy with it! lol! they do make block off plates.i would just wait for the warrant to be up and do the full egr delete.

Farmrod

Reaction score
I plan to leave the coolers in I'm just wondering if I can leave the lower attached to the up pipe and block off the top hole where it goes on the valve then I would be able to use my elbow and cac pipe

sootie

Reaction score
i dont think it would be stable enough and may end up cracking.

Farmrod

Reaction score
What do you mean by stable enough? The coolers will be in their mounts and the only place they will even be loose is at the elbow

Stroked777

Reaction score
If you have a programmer just keep them, the egr shouldnt be operating depending on the tuning you got, then remove them once you do your studs. I heard of people blowing head gaskets right after doing a egr delete because without the egr valve acting like a waste gate(egr valve can be pushed open under high back pressure) to keep to much back pressure from forming in the exhaust side, it can blow your head gaskets. Or do a egr delete with a waste gate

Last edited:

tensixniner

Reaction score
If you have a programmer just keep them, the egr shouldnt be operating depending on the tuning you got, then remove them once you do your studs. I heard of people blowing head gaskets right after doing a egr delete because without the egr valve acting like a waste gate(egr valve can be pushed open under high back pressure) to keep to much back pressure from forming in the exhaust side, it can blow your head gaskets. Or do a egr delete with a waste gate

The EGR valve opens against exhaust pressure. It's not going to be forced open.

one2nine

Reaction score
I was just relaying what I heard from someone from a reputable diesel performance garage

Not to mention you still have coolant circulating through the coolers which are the high failure part you are looking to remove with the egr delete. Take the coolers off without a doubt

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
you can leave both brackets that hold the coolers, to make re-installation easy(er), if thats needed.

Latest posts

Members online