deleted 15 blown up

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Hopefully I never need to worry about that! I do plan on keeping my truck for a very long time though. Maybe I should build me an engine down the road for emergency...

TyCorr

Reaction score
We sell service engine assemblies with upgrade for pretty reasonable cost. Most guys go that route it seems

Do you guys still do much with the 6l. Just curious, no notion to derail.

My dads truck threw a cel last thursday and is going in today. Ill be sure to post up.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Hopefully I never need to worry about that! I do plan on keeping my truck for a very long time though. Maybe I should build me an engine down the road for emergency...

I just decided to build a spare house sitting next to mine in case this one goes up in flames. Never know. Bought a spare lawnmower and we'll. Just called for a spare job. Probably should go ahead and get a spare dog in case mine gets squished too!!

Sorry man... I had to-- this is pure humor^^^ .

I understand where your coming from but I wouldn't worry yourself into needing a spare engine built sitting in the garage unless you plan on torcher testing it with new parts nobody has used or finding new limits.

Joseph_the_builder

Reaction score
From what I've gathered , they are blaming Kory Willis at PPEI tuning for the disaster. I've been running PPEI tuning on my 6.4 Powerstroke build and 6.7 Powerstroke with no issues at all. But their truck is a 2015 and that is just what I heard them say caused the failure.
:poke:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

JColeman7827

Reaction score
Ya that's the first time I've seen them comment on it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
I love how a compression issue... Is rammed straight down the tuners throat.... I guess it just couldn't have dropped a cylinder if it would have been stock. Just my opinion...

bluessmax

Reaction score
wow... Classy response from full flex.

Hi, I'm Kory (Sorry to introduce myself this way).

So lets make a long story short... I GAVE them a tune for this truck. The tune is the same tune platform that MANY guys are running, sadly that platform likely isnt coming out anymore...who knows. Its the same platform Maryland just went 12.8@103 with, same platform Chase fleece dynoed 569/1200+ with, the same platform i have been running on my truck since around june/july.... Long story short, its on quite a few trucks. It was on Aaron at Rudys at one point, etc.

I REALLY hate when people just talk because they dont educate themselves enough to get answers... this is the type of stuff that makes guys like me REALLY dislike dealing with ignorant folks.

So for anyone that tunes out there... here is the settings on that truck:

-Around 1200uS (Basically a street/tow tune)

-3* timing basically over stock

-under 34 lbs of boost commanded

-Stock rail pressure

If that blows trucks up, then the 1000s and 1000s I have tuned will be in a bind since 2008. This is common rail, not brain surgery... It is very sad to see such a company misrepresent this community.

Lastly, I will also say that i called Eric and spoke with him... thoroughly explained how a common rail works (After he was telling me that his "diesel guy" was telling him i was commanding 36k+ on rail etc etc.. not to mention these trucks wont hit that if ya try...command it all ya want, wont happen... if it does it would drop a pump or injector before the motor). I spoke with him in saying let me know the findings, etc... and it gets brought to I have been crappy and "fallen off the map" (As i stop flashing this 2015 cummins to type this). Sorry, its not the we "fell off the map", but rather the unit i was going to be tuning through is no longer going into production.... On to SCT... after I finish this cummins stuff. Anyways, sorry to come in here with this being my first post guys... Anyone that knows me knows for a fact that I am one of the most up front guys you will ever meet. Again, I apologize for this being my first post here... I will try to be more active and hopefully receive a welcome into the community. I'm quite certain many of the popular tuners here can vouch for my credibility.

Thanks guys,
Kory

Last edited:

jcain

Reaction score
3* of extra timing? So they either had it on another tune. Had their foot square in it with sky high egts, or had a factory component fail inadvertently.
What gears, tires, and lift was in it? Dragging how much weight at what speed? What tune level? Egt's?
They've got a lot of nerve to slander someone without so much as a shred of evidence to support it.

phooker

Reaction score
3* of extra timing? So they either had it on another tune. Had their foot square in it with sky high egts, or had a factory component fail inadvertently.
What gears, tires, and lift was in it? Dragging how much weight at what speed? What tune level? Egt's?
They've got a lot of nerve to slander someone without so much as a shred of evidence to support it.
Truck was on 24's and 40's towing a bumper pull trailer with a half ton dodge pickup on it. When I got the phone calls at 4am they were doing 75-80. No idea what the egts were, driving blind on that one. Nerve is one way to put it.

bluessmax

Reaction score

Yeah, it was a strait base tune that was going to come out on a new platform... Many many folks tested it.

Heck... my truck is running 1700uS+, 20*, 38lbs and I tow my 32ft boat with it at 80 and hasnt popped....

I cant get over someone slandering so hard when there is absolutely no evidence of what the issue/cause was. I also dont know how to make a truck lose oil pressure in tuning... My understanding is it lost oil pressure as well.

I told Eric when I called him to let me know what they find. I can only imagine the frustration they are facing with this rig, but their execution is very poor. Anyone that knows anything can spot this scenario from a mile away.

Mpoage

Reaction score
Well that's disappointing to here that that platform is not gonna be available. Was it the Apex Tuning that we have been hearing about?

bluessmax

Reaction score
Well that's disappointing to here that that platform is not gonna be available. Was it the Apex Tuning that we have been hearing about?

My last understanding is that it was on hault. I Built some files and have them stashed away for if it ever happens or until sct comes in. I'm not going to come over here and advertise (and 100% not in this wonderful thread LMAO!)

RedRice589

Reaction score
Stop being an idiot. Stock trucks never have failures.

You two hush... i mean Jared do you even know what a tune is?
My last understanding is that it was on hault. I Built some files and have them stashed away for if it ever happens or until sct comes in. I'm not going to come over here and advertise (and 100% not in this wonderful thread LMAO!)
Lol classy as always. Glad to see you here!

Latest posts

Members online