deleted 15 blown up

bluessmax

Reaction score
You two hush... i mean Jared do you even know what a tune is?

Lol classy as always. Glad to see you here!

Thanks man... I will try to be more active! I have always had a soft spot for a ford... Really started liking them when I got my single cab 6.4 and now with my 2015 I'm in love. Was a little disappointed in the factory suspension, but nothing silastic shackles and bags won't fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polaris7x

Reaction score
Kory welcome to the ford world my friend. Kory is an outstanding guy, and when i had issues with my old lbz, he even on a sunday afternoon was one of the only guys that actually picked up there phone to answer what ended up being a stupid question on my part. We all know that its going to be the tuner due to the fact that it cant be a hard part! Kinda reminds me of the old Nick at duramax tuner was blowing up peoples trucks, but come to find out people were going home laying down 1/4 mile burnouts, doing doughnuts for 30 mins at a time and just deciding that it was a great idea to floor it from every stop light through town. Kory I dont care whatever they say man, i know from past experience the type of guy you are and what an asset you are to the tuning world. Hows that lml running?????

bluessmax

Reaction score
Kory welcome to the ford world my friend. Kory is an outstanding guy, and when i had issues with my old lbz, he even on a sunday afternoon was one of the only guys that actually picked up there phone to answer what ended up being a stupid question on my part. We all know that its going to be the tuner due to the fact that it cant be a hard part! Kinda reminds me of the old Nick at duramax tuner was blowing up peoples trucks, but come to find out people were going home laying down 1/4 mile burnouts, doing doughnuts for 30 mins at a time and just deciding that it was a great idea to floor it from every stop light through town. Kory I dont care whatever they say man, i know from past experience the type of guy you are and what an asset you are to the tuning world. Hows that lml running?????

I want to respond to this, but let me sponsor here first so I can speak more freely and play fair game!

I likely won't have time to post or push too much here, but I want the freedom to fill you guys in what we are working on from time to time! I'll get ahold to Mike tomorrow then I will divulge more!

Also, thanks for the kind words.... We put everything we have into what we do!

polaris7x

Reaction score
I want to respond to this, but let me sponsor here first so I can speak more freely and play fair game!

I likely won't have time to post or push too much here, but I want the freedom to fill you guys in what we are working on from time to time! I'll get ahold to Mike tomorrow then I will divulge more!

Thats alright man, just keep up the good work. Im interested in seeing what youll bring to the table for these 6.7s

bluessmax

Reaction score
Thats alright man, just keep up the good work. Im interested in seeing what youll bring to the table for these 6.7s

Matt, Erick, Chris, mike... All amazing tuners... I'm just happy to be able to come hang out with the cool kids.

I assume this is the party place of 6.7 forums? Lmao!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

sooo, who dafuq are you? lol... for the ones who dont knkw you, how bout a lil background? welcome to psa!!!

live life full throttle

Jeremy @ No Limit

Reaction score
sooo, who dafuq are you? lol... for the ones who dont knkw you, how bout a lil background? welcome to psa!!!

live life full throttle

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe he is Kory Willis. Pretty well known Duramax tuner with EFI Live. One of my friends, Chad Cole, just left LFDP to go work for Kory at PPEI. Kory and Chad are both great guys to deal with! Bought a few tuners from Kory.

RedRice589

Reaction score

live life full throttle

I messaged him but he'll try to sponsor later this week hes working on Cummings stuff like they're important or something... then hes going to work on ferd stuff. Plus WHS \/

Correct me if i'm wrong but I believe he is Kory Willis. Pretty well known Duramax tuner with EFI Live. One of my friends, Chad Cole, just left LFDP to go work for Kory at PPEI. Kory and Chad are both great guys to deal with! Bought a few tuners from Kory.

Yea he Owns Power Performance enterprises or PPEI. Hes a duramax guy...

bluessmax

Reaction score
I messaged him but he'll try to sponsor later this week hes working on Cummings stuff like they're important or something... then hes going to work on ferd stuff. Plus WHS \/

Yea he Owns Power Performance enterprises or PPEI. Hes a duramax guy...

Cut me a little slack... These are in my driveway as we speak! Lol
ec1d35192d09cd2ddb6a8a6cef308316.jpg
dbbb2f035496dd8d96fe93e4dcbf4ab0.jpg

FullFlexCustoms

Reaction score
wow... Classy response from full flex.

Hi, I'm Kory (Sorry to introduce myself this way).

So lets make a long story short... I GAVE them a tune for this truck. The tune is the same tune platform that MANY guys are running, sadly that platform likely isnt coming out anymore...who knows. Its the same platform Maryland just went 12.8@103 with, same platform Chase fleece dynoed 569/1200+ with, the same platform i have been running on my truck since around june/july.... Long story short, its on quite a few trucks. It was on Aaron at Rudys at one point, etc.

I REALLY hate when people just talk because they dont educate themselves enough to get answers... this is the type of stuff that makes guys like me REALLY dislike dealing with ignorant folks.

So for anyone that tunes out there... here is the settings on that truck:

-Around 1200uS (Basically a street/tow tune)

-3* timing basically over stock

-under 34 lbs of boost commanded

-Stock rail pressure

If that blows trucks up, then the 1000s and 1000s I have tuned will be in a bind since 2008. This is common rail, not brain surgery... It is very sad to see such a company misrepresent this community.

Lastly, I will also say that i called Eric and spoke with him... thoroughly explained how a common rail works (After he was telling me that his "diesel guy" was telling him i was commanding 36k+ on rail etc etc.. not to mention these trucks wont hit that if ya try...command it all ya want, wont happen... if it does it would drop a pump or injector before the motor). I spoke with him in saying let me know the findings, etc... and it gets brought to I have been crappy and "fallen off the map" (As i stop flashing this 2015 cummins to type this). Sorry, its not the we "fell off the map", but rather the unit i was going to be tuning through is no longer going into production.... On to SCT... after I finish this cummins stuff. Anyways, sorry to come in here with this being my first post guys... Anyone that knows me knows for a fact that I am one of the most up front guys you will ever meet. Again, I apologize for this being my first post here... I will try to be more active and hopefully receive a welcome into the community. I'm quite certain many of the popular tuners here can vouch for my credibility.

Thanks guys,
Kory

I could text you this just as easy and I will but since Joseph the "builder" wants to try and start stuff I'll explain. I've had numerous people come look at the truck, diesel techs from shops and from the dealer. I'm going off what everyone besides you guys are saying. Your the only person saying its not your tuning yet your also the only one who hasn't seen the truck or the motor since this happened in person. So to assume so much over the phone and based off of what you hear is your own deal. When I get everything from the dealer like I said I'll be sending it all to you. Tell you what...you build a truck like this...blow it up and get no help from the person the wrote the tune and see how you feel about it. Meanwhile everyone running tests and pulling the motor apart says it's the tuning...again just basing it off what the other techs looking at it tell me...you've not looked at it nor pulled any diagnostics on it so I'm not sure where you confidence comes from. You guys gave me the tuning which is now stuck in the truck cause no one will come un-tune the truck yet yall were quick to drive down and tune it. Now the truck is blown up and you just wanna call me and defend yourself about how your so confident it wasn't your tuning not come to Houston and really find out what's going on. I do work for customers all over TX and surrounding states and if anyone has issues over something we could have potentially caused I would get in the truck and go check it out for myself before I started talking about all the other trucks that haven't had issues and basing it off of that. The truck was throwing codes non-stop from the point it was tuned on. Before that this truck made 2 over 2k mile trips towing 10k+ lbs with no issues, lights or problems at all.

bluessmax

Reaction score
I could text you this just as easy and I will but since Joseph the "builder" wants to try and start stuff I'll explain. I've had numerous people come look at the truck, diesel techs from shops and from the dealer. I'm going off what everyone besides you guys are saying. Your the only person saying its not your tuning yet your also the only one who hasn't seen the truck or the motor since this happened in person. So to assume so much over the phone and based off of what you hear is your own deal. When I get everything from the dealer like I said I'll be sending it all to you. Tell you what...you build a truck like this...blow it up and get no help from the person the wrote the tune and see how you feel about it. Meanwhile everyone running tests and pulling the motor apart says it's the tuning...again just basing it off what the other techs looking at it tell me...you've not looked at it nor pulled any diagnostics on it so I'm not sure where you confidence comes from. You guys gave me the tuning which is now stuck in the truck cause no one will come un-tune the truck yet yall were quick to drive down and tune it. Now the truck is blown up and you just wanna call me and defend yourself about how your so confident it wasn't your tuning not come to Houston and really find out what's going on. I do work for customers all over TX and surrounding states and if anyone has issues over something we could have potentially caused I would get in the truck and go check it out for myself before I started talking about all the other trucks that haven't had issues and basing it off of that. The truck was throwing codes non-stop from the point it was tuned on. Before that this truck made 2 over 2k mile trips towing 10k+ lbs with no issues, lights or problems at all.

You told me the dealer also told you it hung a injector... i THOROUGHLY explained to you how it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to hang a injector in tuning (1 pulse map controls all 8 injectors, they do not all have a individual map so i couldnt cause 1 to hang open and not the others if i tried)

You told me the dealer said it was making 36k PSI etc etc (which i call BS on that, but anyways) ...I THOROUGHLY explained how i couldnt possibly do that if i tried and also how the PCV would take control before that would happen, etc.

You told us the truck dropped oil pressure, I THOROUGHLY explained how i cant cause that in tuning... Even if i tried. I cant "turn off the pump" so to speak.

Lastly, You told me you would get to digging into it and once the motor was tore down you would get back with me. I told you i was interested to know the failure... So here is what i gather..

-You still have NO TRUE DATA

-You still dont know the failure to determine the potential cause

-You still are going off of assumptions due to no data

-You are dealing with the dealer that should "UNTUNE" the truck with their factory tool leaving you to not do it.

-You still have not presented to us what the actual failure point on the truck is.

-You decide to bash us because you dont have enough knowledge to bash anything else.

-You are blaming this on us just like you did the brake switch code that popped up on the truck causing it to not move... and then found it was bad (new trucks dont break right?)

It is very hard to blame tuning for something that is in quite a few other trucks... I dont need to drive there and look at the fil on the truck (which i cant),,, I can pull it up here and it looks like everyone elses.

At the end of this, you are going to make yourselves look very ignorant... Its not so much "defending myself" but rather looking for info. I dont need to drive all the way to Houston to tell you what i did over the phone and what i just repeated from that conversation here. I actually said i recommend bringing it to CENTEX, in which then it would have a good diagnostic performed on the truck.

My suggestion to this? My suggestion is get the truck into a professional shop that actually knows what they are doing (CENTEX) and then we can see whats up. This brother in law he said she said stuff is for the birds...

What can everyone learn from this?

-Common sense-

Lets apply common sense here... We are talking about a tune that makes MAYBE 450hp... The truck was cruising when it failed. To cruise takes approx 125hp (Lets say since this truck is huge etc that it takes 200hp)... We are still 200hp under the manufactures HP range right off the lot. So the tuning at 200hp less than stock at the time of failure caused it to fail? Not quite possible... So folks... anytime you look at scenario, apply common sense.

"You" was said a lot in my post... reasoning? Simply because thats where our conversation left off was waiting on YOUR action and then i read this BS.

Last edited:

bluessmax

Reaction score
One more thing.... Lets assume tuning did cause it. Tuning causes hard parts to move... So what hard part failed on the truck specifically? What has it been diagnosed down to as far as what the scenario of the hard part failing was?

Tuning makes things move, lets talk about what moved to cause the failure...

Everyone is "telling" you things, understood thats all you have to go off of... however, what is the diagnostic strategy performed and the actual failure to determine the end result of tuning? Words are useless without data/experience.

Last edited:

FullFlexCustoms

Reaction score
You told me the dealer also told you it hung a injector... i THOROUGHLY explained to you how it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to hang a injector in tuning (1 pulse map controls all 8 injectors, they do not all have a individual map so i couldnt cause 1 to hang open and not the others if i tried)

You told me the dealer said it was making 36k PSI etc etc (which i call BS on that, but anyways) ...I THOROUGHLY explained how i couldnt possibly do that if i tried and also how the PCV would take control before that would happen, etc.

You told us the truck dropped oil pressure, I THOROUGHLY explained how i cant cause that in tuning... Even if i tried. I cant "turn off the pump" so to speak.

Lastly, You told me you would get to digging into it and once the motor was tore down you would get back with me. I told you i was interested to know the failure... So here is what i gather..

-You still have NO TRUE DATA

-You still dont know the failure to determine the potential cause

-You still are going off of assumptions due to no data

-You are dealing with the dealer that should "UNTUNE" the truck with their factory tool leaving you to not do it.

-You still have not presented to us what the actual failure point on the truck is.

-You decide to bash us because you dont have enough knowledge to bash anything else.

-You are blaming this on us just like you did the brake switch code that popped up on the truck causing it to not move... and then found it unplugged....

At the end of this, you are going to make yourselves look very ignorant... Its not so much "defending myself" but rather looking for info. I dont need to drive all the way to Houston to tell you what i did over the phone and what i just repeated from that conversation here. I actually said i recommend bringing it to CENTEX, in which then it would have a good diagnostic performed on the truck.

My suggestion to this? My suggestion is get the truck into a professional shop that actually knows what they are doing (CENTEX) and then we can see whats up. This brother in law he said she said stuff is for the birds...

What can everyone learn from this?

-Common sense-

Lets apply common sense here... We are talking about a tune that makes MAYBE 450hp... The truck was cruising when it failed. To cruise takes approx 125hp (Lets say since this truck is huge etc that it takes 200hp)... We are still 200hp under the manufactures HP range right off the lot. So the tuning at 200hp less than stock at the time of failure caused it to fail? Not quite possible... So folks... anytime you look at scenario, apply common sense.

"You" was said a lot in my post... reasoning? Simply because thats where our conversation left off was waiting on YOUR action and then i read this BS.

Your right man I made no attempt to contact you and tell you whats going on...this is the same reason why ive stayed quiet and just dealt with it myself. Sorry for the one post on IG stating the way I feel but it is what it is. Also I guess the truck was throwing all those codes after yall tuned it because everything was ok? Once again tried to text you today and no response but youll get on here and respond? Say what you want but it just looks bad the way the whole thing has been handled. To each their own I guess but in this case its frustrating and costing a lot of $$$

I wont make myself look bad at all. Im going off what other diesel techs are telling me but according to you they are all wrong. Yes the dealer can and did remove the tune but that wasn't the point. Glad you got to defend yourself in front of this audience but again your basing everything off of nothing more than your confidence in writing other tunes and other trucks that have the same tune. This wont get me any further than I already am with the truck so why waste my time. Ill be sending your plenty of all the info you would want proving what the tuning did until then I would be careful with the confidence you speak with. Check your phone also before you try and say I haven't tried to contact you. This can be a pissing match all day long but the simple fact is after the truck was tuned it blew up...you have your side and I have my side. Just because you state a couple facts that sound good on here to the readers doesn't mean anything to real life driving situations and whatever caused this to happen.

Brother in law he said she said? Where did you get that from? Cullar Diesel had the truck for a week and the dealership since then. Im confused on what he said she said stuff your referring to. We talked 3 weeks ago do you think nothing has been discovered since then and the truck is just sitting around?

Here maybe this helps since it seems you seem concerned with defending your tuning. PPEI writes great tunes. Full Flex Customs has installed PPEI tuning on numerous Chevys and Fords and never had a issue....until my 2015 Ford. I talk to guys daily with your tunes and they are happy and love the power their trucks make. I guess for me I just didn't like how it was handled and being still handled considering all I wanna do I just get the truck back on the road. The blue F250 truck that saved the day the day the camo truck broke down is a 2014 with PPEI tuning and it got us all the way to Vegas and home pulling the little bagged Dodge with no issues and tons of power so im not going to sit here and take away from your solid tuning but again with my 2015 just wish things were handled differently.

Latest posts

Members online