deleted 15 blown up

bluessmax

Reaction score
Your right man I made no attempt to contact you and tell you whats going on...this is the same reason why ive stayed quiet and just dealt with it myself. Sorry for the one post on IG stating the way I feel but it is what it is. Also I guess the truck was throwing all those codes after yall tuned it because everything was ok? Once again tried to text you today and no response but youll get on here and respond? Say what you want but it just looks bad the way the whole thing has been handled. To each their own I guess but in this case its frustrating and costing a lot of $$$

I wont make myself look bad at all. Im going off what other diesel techs are telling me but according to you they are all wrong. Yes the dealer can and did remove the tune but that wasn't the point. Glad you got to defend yourself in front of this audience but again your basing everything off of nothing more than your confidence in writing other tunes and other trucks that have the same tune. This wont get me any further than I already am with the truck so why waste my time. Ill be sending your plenty of all the info you would want proving what the tuning did until then I would be careful with the confidence you speak with. Check your phone also before you try and say I haven't tried to contact you. This can be a pissing match all day long but the simple fact is after the truck was tuned it blew up...you have your side and I have my side. Just because you state a couple facts that sound good on here to the readers doesn't mean anything to real life driving situations and whatever caused this to happen.

Brother in law he said she said? Where did you get that from? Cullar Diesel had the truck for a week and the dealership since then. Im confused on what he said she said stuff your referring to. We talked 3 weeks ago do you think nothing has been discovered since then and the truck is just sitting around?

Here maybe this helps since it seems you seem concerned with defending your tuning. PPEI writes great tunes. Full Flex Customs has installed PPEI tuning on numerous Chevys and Fords and never had a issue....until my 2015 Ford. I talk to guys daily with your tunes and they are happy and love the power their trucks make. I guess for me I just didn't like how it was handled and being still handled considering all I wanna do I just get the truck back on the road. The blue F250 truck that saved the day the day the camo truck broke down is a 2014 with PPEI tuning and it got us all the way to Vegas and home pulling the little bagged Dodge with no issues and tons of power so im not going to sit here and take away from your solid tuning but again with my 2015 just wish things were handled differently.

I'm going to call you... Last we spoke i was waiting on your data of what failed/ how and i never heard back. Maybe i should of called to ask if you got data? Sorry that i didnt.

I just simply like data. You can tell me a cow can fly, and my wife can tell me a cow can fly, but until i see data or video of the cow flying, its no more than words. Its not so much about me defending, but just making sure the diesel world here knows your facts are based on words and assumptions... not facts.

The potential of a cow flying is about as equal to that of a tune causing a truck to blow up at no more than 200hp (while cruising)...

Calling now to hope settle whatever is on here.

Joseph_the_builder

Reaction score
Eric,

You on public social media stated this statement. PSA Members on the forums wanted to know what came of the "blown" engine(I didn't even start this thread but would like to know what happened for our public knowledge of what not to do). All I did was state what you said yourself. There was no modifying or sugar coating anything. I just copied and pasted what you said. Nothing more, nothing less. I commented on a post recommending Kory Willis from PPEI for tuning and you commented after me with Do Not Use PPEI because they blew my motor up. So I posted what you stated.

Joseph the "builder"

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Tuned my half ton with with Black Bear. My 4l60e blew up. I knew the risks and I ponied up the cash to fix it.

This isn't the place to bicker but just saying it seems like the burden of proof is on Full Flex because PPEI has a proven track record.

**** happens man

bluessmax

Reaction score
I just spoke with Eric... I feel sorry for how misinformed people can be. He is at the mercy of what he is told... which sadly just doesnt add up to real world.

Conversation went very well and we are on the same page. Its easy for folks emotions to get caught up when dealing with such a crappy (and expensive) scenario.

Regardless of the situation, Eric understands we are here to help him in diagnostics etc. of whatever he needs... but that we are looking at something mechanical.

My main point while on the phone was this:

The truck had the cruise set at 70mph when it failed. Rather stock or tuned, it takes the same HP from the truck to go 70mph... There was no smoke and truck was running well so i doubt egts were a issue, however, if the truck couldnt maintain 70mph stock and then could maintain 70mph programmed from the 50 extra hp... Then thats the only point in time i could see programming having any effect. ---Which goes both ways (My stock 2015 hauled my 32ft boat 85mph up bridges, etc for 6hrs strait with only 500 miles on it FWIW).

Thanks for the call Eric, I look forward to seeing what you guys get figured out on the rig and you know how to get us if you need.

No harm no foul, we are all human! :toast:

Nic

Reaction score
I wonder if it wasn't the start of a lubrication issue that caused the abrupt mechanical failure so quickly.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
How is he supposed to handle it? :confused: Drop everything and drive to TX and cup balls?

The same tuning was loaded on multiple trucks, and only yours has a problem.

I can't tell you how many times I've had "technicians" blame "the tune" because if it's something that's outside the Ford/Dodge/GM diag flow-chart or what they learned at UTI, they're lost. And you get nothing but shrugs when you prove that it wasn't the tune.

If all you want is the truck back on the road, put a new engine in it and roll out. **** happens, **** breaks, you modify the truck you technically become your own warranty station. 999 times out of a thousand, everything goes great. It sucks you were the .001

If you have a good relationship with your dealer, they might be able to fudge it through under warranty or they might sell you parts at cost and discount labor, or any number of resolutions.

But asking Kory to travel to TX to prove that the sky is blue to a bunch of parts changers is a bit outside of the realm of reasonable expectations.

It sucks when you hear the sound of $10k or more making bang-bang noises under the hood, especially on a new truck, but when you look at the Venn diagram of responsibility pertaining to this incident, Kory/PPEI are outside the circle around that truck IMO

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
I just put a engine in a 6.7 that had the oil cooler fail and put metal in the engine, just putting that out there.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Just realized that my reply took forever to send and I hadn't read that things were a bit more amicable and same-page than when I started writing the reply.

Glad to hear that actual light is being shined on the situation

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Tuned my half ton with with Black Bear. My 4l60e blew up. I knew the risks and I ponied up the cash to fix it.

This isn't the place to bicker but just saying it seems like the burden of proof is on Full Flex because PPEI has a proven track record.

**** happens man

Because you reading off the internet what happened makes you know the whole story and each companies track record correct?

Eric hope things get fixed up for you asap! truck will look much better on the road than sitting in a bay.

Kory's tuning is great, and i know of a few guys running it. Yes there are problems that happened and Eric has already stated that they have multiple trucks running his tuning that work great.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Never would have guessed the dealership said it was the fault of the aftermarket tuning!!! Because the dealerships have never said that before.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
Because you reading off the internet what happened makes you know the whole story and each companies track record correct?

Eric hope things get fixed up for you asap! truck will look much better on the road than sitting in a bay.

Kory's tuning is great, and i know of a few guys running it. Yes there are problems that happened and Eric has already stated that they have multiple trucks running his tuning that work great.

Not sure why your panties got wadded at my statement of fact.
I have friends with duramax trucks with Kory's tunes. I am no
expert and admittedly a newcomer to the diesel world, but I
know PPEI has proven itself.

YFlKvOs.gif

dsberman94

Reaction score
Forgot to add in my last post. Props to ppei, came in here and defended himself and his company without smearing the other guys name around. Keep it up and welcome.

Latest posts