Deleting 6.4

Kent94

Reaction score
Going to be deleting my 6.4 hopefully Wenesday night. I have been PB blasting the 2 bolts for the flange to the dp and the band clamp for the back. I am going to leave the sensors in and just disconnect the wires. I am also going to unbolt the hangers. My only worry is getting the end of a DPF pipe out of the rest of the exhuast looks to be on there pretty good. Any ideas on how to do that? Ive heard ratchet straping it to the front and rear axle but where would I hook it to the hangers? Are they strong enough for that? Thanks

BFT

Reaction score
I take it down all in one piece. I disconnect from the DPF back and run a strap or some wire to hold that end up while I unbolt the front.
I usually unbolt the hangers so I don't have to deal with sliding the rubber off the hanger

Kent94

Reaction score
I take it down all in one piece. I disconnect from the DPF back and run a strap or some wire to hold that end up while I unbolt the front.
I usually unbolt the hangers so I don't have to deal with sliding the rubber off the hanger

Yes thats what I want to do. But the band clamp behind the DPF where its 3.5" the end of the DPF goes into the pipe and it looks like its going to be a pain. Thats the only part im worried about.

Kent94

Reaction score
Just want to do delete pipe for now. Looks farley easy but like I said before that dpf pipe the rear up it where it goes into the pipe and theres a band clamp how did you get that off? Looks on there pretty damn good

ncollins64

Reaction score
i think i sprayed some pb blaster around the clamp and had my cuz pulling back on the rear pipe and it had enough room to slide off the dpf. i think thats right. it wasnt as bad as it looks i promise.

ncollins64

Reaction score
hopefully a couple of good hard jerks it will slide out. may can get some wood or something and tap around the pipe where it slides out. may help break it free.

Dena6.4

Reaction score
Bought my truck from MA and had a hell of a time getting the two sections you described apart..Ended up looping a strap around the front of the muffler and strapped to the rear axle and looped a strap around the back of the dpf to the front axle..with good tension on both straps I knocked back on the muffler with a dead blow and it finally worked its way off

Kent94

Reaction score
Bought my truck from MA and had a hell of a time getting the two sections you described apart..Ended up looping a strap around the front of the muffler and strapped to the rear axle and looped a strap around the back of the dpf to the front axle..with good tension on both straps I knocked back on the muffler with a dead blow and it finally worked its way off

Thats what im thinking im going to have to do. Did you unbolt the hangers before you did this or what?

Dena6.4

Reaction score
I had already had the downpipe unbolted but it might help to leave it together

I fought it for a little while until i got annoyed, sat back, had a beer and thought of a smarter way to do it..Once it was strapped and I hit on it with the dead blow it only took about 5 mins to get it to work its way off..Everything else came apart easily except for the back sensor, but you said you were leaving that in anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.