Deleting question

jimmystoys

Reaction score
I got the Warhammer tuner in mine with full deletes. Truck suppose to have 400 Hp + 200 RWHP for tuner, less bigger tires, etc. So I figure around 500. Going to try an take it to the track this summer or dyno it and see what it does.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I got the Warhammer tuner in mine with full deletes. Truck suppose to have 400 Hp + 200 RWHP for tuner, less bigger tires, etc. So I figure around 500. Going to try an take it to the track this summer or dyno it and see what it does.

These things are only 400 flywheel from factory unfortunately. I've never seen a tuned truck make more than 530. So given your 40s your probably closer to the 450-480 imo

Horseshoezach

Reaction score
Well ford put a new turbo on my truck and now the turbo wines louder then before and it's still fluttering now wtf do I do??? Will deleting and tunnin fix this

Horseshoezach

Reaction score
What "fluttering" are you referring to? The bouncing of the boost needle, between 18 and 22 or so?

Well kinda the turbo flutters when in 6th gear driven around 50 mph or so at low rpm when you let of the go pedal a little bit. Dealer now tells me this is normal and is caused by the egr

jimmystoys

Reaction score
Hey Horseshoezach. What do u mean by fluttering? Does it perform differently. Does it struggle? Remember if ur running low rpm's in high gear its probably gonna sound like it's struggling or lugging a bit, especially if it doesn't downshift right away.Mine does something similiar, but I wouldn't call it fluttering. Just my two bits.

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Well kinda the turbo flutters when in 6th gear driven around 50 mph or so at low rpm when you let of the go pedal a little bit. Dealer now tells me this is normal and is caused by the egr

I think its fine mine does the exact same thing putting around my neighbor hood in 6th gear and then performs flawlessly crushing at 80 or mashing on it.

Next time your in 6th and at 50 or below just click the button on the shifter and lock out 6th. These things love to stay in 6th even at 35-40mph.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score

Yeah, as far as I can tell, that is a normal occurance. Unless you are losing power, I would not be concerned. I noticed that turning off traction control made it shift nicer, and I was more willing to grunt when the skinny pedal went down. But that flutter thing is not the egr either. Mine is disconnected, but still does it. I would think waste gate.

Horseshoezach

Reaction score
I think its fine mine does the exact same thing putting around my neighbor hood in 6th gear and then performs flawlessly crushing at 80 or mashing on it.

Next time your in 6th and at 50 or below just click the button on the shifter and lock out 6th. These things love to stay in 6th even at 35-40mph.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

It does this in 4th & 5th gear also

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Mine used to flutter but only in cruise control around 62mph. Is it doing it when you are using the pedal as well? Maybe take a short video for us to see exactly what it is doing.

Possibly the wastegate needs adjusting ?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Mine used to flutter but only in cruise control around 62mph. Is it doing it when you are using the pedal as well? Maybe take a short video for us to see exactly what it is doing.

good point about staying in 6th .. turbos will surge when drug real low on the rpm, same as an oversized charger at too low of an rpm.

Horseshoezach

Reaction score

I will try and get a video today I'd bet money on the wastegate needing adjusted sence it has done it with 2 diff turbos is there a link or something that explains how to adjust the wastegate ??

Latest posts

Members online