delo oil 5w40

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I run the regular 15-40 oil, truck runs better IMO than it did with rotella. I actually found the synthetic at wally world(where I get all my oil because there costs are WAY lower) for the first time. Other than that I haven't seen that stuff anywhere but online so I couldn't chance swapping back to synthetic and not be able to find more of it otherwise id run it. heard its great stuff

INFRNL

Reaction score
Ive run the regular delo 400 and synthetic. Its still better than rotella imo and does just as well as brad penn or kendall. For 20/gal, cant beat it imo. Does great for the winter months. Seems too thin to me for the summer though. Im running kendall this time around.

My local walmarts stock it (syn delo)

steele86

Reaction score
I have been running delo 400 for years never had an issue my dad has over700k on his 95 he runs the same. synthetic diesel oil technology has come along way in the past few years I just don't know if its worth the trouble

INFRNL

Reaction score
I would say if don't change if you have been fine on reg delo 400. No need to spend the extra money if you dont have to.

Ive been running the delo 400 for the past 5 yrs without issue. I tried the synthetic this winter because I had the romps for the first time but turned out to be a failed injector. I also ran it to help with sub zero starts. Im back to 15w40 though. I have better batteries now too, so I will see how the 15w40 does this next winter.

Use the if its not broke, don't fix it route. Oil technology in general has come a long way, not just synthetic.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ive never even seen it. I ditched synthetic for the 15w40 delo 400. The benefits.just arent quite high enough for me to justify the cost when my oci is 3k(or as reasonably close as possible) no matter what.

Anybody able to post a picture of the.bottle?

Fwiw, my favorite oil is mobil 1 5w40 turbo diesel. At 21.99 a.gallon, which is cheap.its stiiill twice as much as delo 400. Delvac is crap currently so I stick to the Chevron.

Edit: found it
0002396839145_500X500.jpg

Last edited:

BBottoms

Reaction score
I just changed the oil in my TDI and used that. Bought it at Walmart for 19.99/gal. I was going to use the Rotella T6 but Walmart was out when I went. Still running T6 in the 6.4, but might give the sythetic delo a try next time I change since it's cheaper.

MossBack

Reaction score
My truck idles better with 5-40 then 15-40 and a 1/2 mpg better !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

cjfarm11

Reaction score
Im running the Delo syn 5W-40 and have had no issues but i haven't put may miles on this engine yet.

Lang

Reaction score
I use Delo 400 15-40 and it's runs a lot smoother than Rotella T6 after 1k miles. I saw the syn 5-40 and was going to post that up before I scrolled down. So how's it running after 1k? 3-5k? What's it look like after a change?

Latest posts

Members online