Denso starter install

Hoody

Reaction score
My old starter decided to quit after alot of long hard starts in the not even really cold yet mornings this year, I bought a denso starter which is much bigger thn the original starter, I already did the minor grinding required to get it to fit wothout hitting the engine crossmember but I was having this problem last night getting it to sit all the way in the flywheel area so that I could bolt it in, I was trying to do this in my driveway, at night, while it was pouring out, which didn't help with anything but I could not get it to sit all the way in for some reason, like it was hitting something or the top thick wire on the solenoid is too short and tugging against me, again since I don't have it on a lift it's hard to tell what's stopping it from going in all the way and bolting in, I was wondering if people have any tips or suggestions when trying to install these bigger starters to make my life easier when I decided to go back under there and finish it, it's really a pain to do in my driveway but I can't move it anywhere.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
Not sure why you had to grind anything to make it fit. I have a genuine Denso, not the Chinese knockoff sold at many stores and it dropped right in. On the power cable, I have heard that you need to bend the lug flat vs the 90 that Ford uses. I have a 4/0 with a straight lug that fit fine.

Latest posts

Members online