Detroit 60 Turbo

Viking

Reaction score
Didn't know where to exactly put this thread. Right now im waiting on some pics to come back for a turbo off of a detroit. Are there any turbos I should avoid? I have been researching a lil here and hope to grab this one for cheap and then send it off to get rebuilt.

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
most likely its a gt4294 71mm compressor inducer 83/75mm turbine wheel with a big ol' t6 turbine housing for the 13 liter engine. Scrap that and put on a 1.01 or 1,15 garrett t4 housing and be on your way

Viking

Reaction score
most likely its a gt4294 71mm compressor inducer 83/75mm turbine wheel with a big ol' t6 turbine housing for the 13 liter engine. Scrap that and put on a 1.01 or 1,15 garrett t4 housing and be on your way

Awesome, thanks! I don't need to worry about a v band turbine housing instead of the asymetric 4 bolt turbine housing?

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
If you don't end up getting that one holler at me. I have one setting on the shelf. It needs a new compressor wheel, rebuilt, and turbine housing. The expensive stuff is there though. Lol! PM and you can have it for $50. When i rebuilt it the first time i paid $200 for the compressor wheel and I don't remember but not much (like $50) for the rebuild kit. I also bought a housing for $200 off the Psn for sale section. I had an intake pipe failure and sucked in a vacuum line before i got my GTX.

Viking

Reaction score
If you don't end up getting that one holler at me. I have one setting on the shelf. It needs a new compressor wheel, rebuilt, and turbine housing. The expensive stuff is there though. Lol! PM and you can have it for $50. When i rebuilt it the first time i paid $200 for the compressor wheel and I don't remember but not much (like $50) for the rebuild kit. I also bought a housing for $200 off the Psn for sale section. I had an intake pipe failure and sucked in a vacuum line before i got my GTX.

dang, pm!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
They're vbands. At least on the 4294 anyway. And they'll all have the huge T6 housing. That's why we said he needs a t4 housing.

Latest posts

Members online