Detuning large injector nozzles - How to pick injector size for upgrades!

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have a customers srp1.1 that i was forced to remove and refund their money after mine failed. His had ab9ut 500 miles on it, iirc, and it was pulled for terminators. No issues but he didnt want anything to do with it.

Ive put a 1000 on it now and as of last Thursday, it took 6 seconds of cranking to start when hot.

Today 195 deg oil temp after truck sat for 45 min, took two key cycles to start it. Just. Like. The. Other. Ones. Ive sold several of those and had to eat half of them. I was planning to send this one in to be hbsr'd but i think ill skip it.

And im currently running dynoproven custom tuning. All good but there a queer white puff scenario taking place in the "daily" tune after i let off. They all drive nice. Even the sledpull tune. But that one has something odd going in.

TyCorr

Reaction score
And other than that hpop, there is nothing left thats over a year old. Whole head is fresh and i tested them for hpo leaks. Tight as a drum.

psduser1

Reaction score
I have a customers srp1.1 that i was forced to remove and refund their money after mine failed. His had ab9ut 500 miles on it, iirc, and it was pulled for terminators. No issues but he didnt want anything to do with it.

Ive put a 1000 on it now and as of last Thursday, it took 6 seconds of cranking to start when hot.

Today 195 deg oil temp after truck sat for 45 min, took two key cycles to start it. Just. Like. The. Other. Ones. Ive sold several of those and had to eat half of them. I was planning to send this one in to be hbsr'd but i think ill skip it.

And im currently running dynoproven custom tuning. All good but there a queer white puff scenario taking place in the "daily" tune after i let off. They all drive nice. Even the sledpull tune. But that one has something odd going in.

That sucks! Those pumps are so sweet when they work.
Curious how the senior will compare.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not just yet.
put me in line for a srp to turn it into a hbsr.. i still have a jr in the box it came in but if they wont do a sr conversion on that then id be interested in a srp to do so with.. maybe...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I feel like the larger single pumps will never happen. How long has Joey been talking about releasing his T1? 10 years?

The SR was promised sooner after the JR and now its been 2-3 years of waiting....

Dieselsite ditched the large single game....

There is obviously a reason and I think most have learned from Stealths mistake on the SRP1 and are staying clear of it.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
The billet stealth's seemed to be good though. I thought that they would catch on more than they did, and I am sure after the SRP issue, you won't be able to get your hands on one anymore.

superpsd

Reaction score
I have had my HB SR in since February I think. Starts up everyday have not had one issue. Plenty of oil on tap. Dynoproven has a walk thru video on their Facebook of what they do to their pumps. I do like thier customer service very friendly on the phone.

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I feel like the larger single pumps will never happen. How long has Joey been talking about releasing his T1? 10 years?

The SR was promised sooner after the JR and now its been 2-3 years of waiting....

Dieselsite ditched the large single game....

There is obviously a reason and I think most have learned from Stealths mistake on the SRP1 and are staying clear of it.

I guess. Im not seeing how it won't work. The stealth pump was retooled after 8 or 9 months and stuffed with billet because the original manufacturing method were supposedly not reliable. The opposite has been true. The srp were ok and the srp 1.1 were not.

superpsd

Reaction score
No hot start issues?

No problem so far. I don't run my engine hard like a sled pulling engine but it's been reliable enough for my daily driver. Start up the same hot or cold. Two of my injectors were so worn they couldn't slip a .001 feelers gauge under the armature. I ground .006 off the back of the armature and no more issues. Starts up and purrs smoothly cold now on all 8

TyCorr

Reaction score
No problem so far. I don't run my engine hard like a sled pulling engine but it's been reliable enough for my daily driver. Start up the same hot or cold. Two of my injectors were so worn they couldn't slip a .001 feelers gauge under the armature. I ground .006 off the back of the armature and no more issues. Starts up and purrs smoothly cold now on all 8

I dont run too hard either. Im the one that has to fix it.

Im pretty impressed you jumped in, tore em apart, and rebuilt the injectors. You never know, you could be the next injector and hpop builder.

superpsd

Reaction score
I dont run too hard either. Im the one that has to fix it.

Im pretty impressed you jumped in, tore em apart, and rebuilt the injectors. You never know, you could be the next injector and hpop builder.

I have no plans to I already have a career in machine tools that's heading in the right direction. I would have to invest thousands just on specialized tools and test equiptment to just get started. Not to mention the whole business aspect of things that I really don't want to deal with lol.