Diamond Eye 5" Exhaust - need feedback!!!

freddie

Reaction score
Guys, I have the Diamond Eye K5315A-RP exhaust. Bought it last year.

I have dicked with it a ton and cannot get the tailpipe to line up worth a damn.

Does anyone else have this kit, and can they share pics? I had tried to contact Diamond Eye a dozen times last year, left their application guy a few voicemails and never got any calls returned.

If I tip the tailpipe up so that it is horizontal where it exits, than there is a big dip right where it comes over the axle. If I twist it to get rid of that dip after the axle, than the tailpipe exit angles down stupidly. Not to mention, it seems my exhaust hangs pretty low, considering that it makes contact with my passenger shock and one of the heat shields between the frame and the bed.

Attachments

• 20160609_170144.jpg
    20160609_170144.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
  • 20160609_170140.jpg
    20160609_170140.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
I have the same kit. But mine doesn't sit that low

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

joe d

Reaction score
Any one ever use the diamond eye kit from performance truck products its 261$ thats a good price best ive seen so far.
Kit number k5316a-rp. Trying to see if it fits a cclb?
Im looking to get one for the wife but mine looks just like. Dillpurdy 92 on my truck. Looks stock exsept massive.

Last edited:

freddie

Reaction score
Twist the top of the hump over the axle over towards the frame side.
I will try that again. I don't think I can twist it any further that way but I will try. I think if I twist it that way, it'll force me to pivot the exit section towards the back of the truck

morefuel

Reaction score
I will try that again. I don't think I can twist it any further that way but I will try. I think if I twist it that way, it'll force me to pivot the exit section towards the back of the truck

Yes it will cause the tip to point more toward the back. Just have to find the happy medium between height and angle back.

freddie

Reaction score
Thanks!! Looks like yours has the same dip after it comes over the axle. At this point I may just cut the tailpipe section in a few places and reweld to get a better fit.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Could you cut a section out just after it goes over the axle? That would move the dip afterwards further up and should level the tip out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dillpurdy92

Reaction score
Mine still isnt the way i want it to be. Its too close to my tire

1994.5 CCLB zf5
6637 intake, new stock turbo, 5" diomand eye turbo back exhaust, RiffRaff hpx line, RiffRaff high flow banjo bolts

freddie

Reaction score
Could you cut a section out just after it goes over the axle? That would move the dip afterwards further up and should level the tip out.
This is actually one of the things I'm considering doing to fix it.

Mine still isnt the way i want it to be. Its too close to my tire
That's exactly how mine is. I have a small shiny spot where it must rub when flexed.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Thanks!! Looks like yours has the same dip after it comes over the axle. At this point I may just cut the tailpipe section in a few places and reweld to get a better fit.
That's the only way I've ever been about to get s diamond eye tail section to be the way I want. The only way!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

thatsmokinobs

Reaction score
Have the same kit and the same problem. Can't get it to look the right way, and can't remember what I did to get it as straight as it is now. Eventually gonna cut and weld it how I want it, cause no matter what I do, I can't make the room for a mud flap.

morefuel

Reaction score
IMG_1464.jpg
IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1459.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
IMG_1461.jpg
IMG_14581.jpg
IMG_1457.jpg

Mine i know is diamond eye and 5" but must be a different kit. I'm remembering now that I believe i cut some off the end of the hump where the tailpipe attaches. Hopefully these help.

freddie

Reaction score
Thank you for the pics! I am going to have to start cutting. Its driven me nuts long enough.

old man dave

Reaction score
Any one ever use the diamond eye kit from performance truck products its 261$ thats a good price best ive seen so far.
Kit number k5316a-rp. Trying to see if it fits a cclb?
Im looking to get one for the wife but mine looks just like. Dillpurdy 92 on my truck. Looks stock exsept massive.

The only difference between a reg, X-cab or CC is the length of the straight pipe.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.