did a few cheap mods, need opinions

Reaction score
so finally got around to trying out the cans of plasti dip i got, worked great on all the chrome and side vents and tinted the 3rd brake lights and tail lights. but the black/ blue combo is kinda growing on me, plus ptm would cost a heck of a lot more, and before you say anything bout the chrome lights theyre on the chopping block for next weekend.
But debating if i want to keep the black/blue combo or put the go fast goodies on hold and do ptm and wheels/tires
frontend.jpg

bumper.jpg

20120624_113938.jpg

taillights-1.jpg

09stroker

Reaction score
IMO, I'm not digging the flat black grill. Or the huge front air damn. I would get the 2wd version. Other than that it all looks great to me :toast:

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
do you have a pic of the side vents?? the taillights turned out pretty good. But im not really into the grille either. I think PTM would look good. What did you use to tint the lights, thats a road im fixing to be going down soon as well?

Last edited:

Nic

Reaction score
Looks Good bubba..I probably would have left the emblem alone on the front tho. I like it tho! :thumbup:

Reaction score
i used vht nyteshades for the tail light tint and ill get one of the side vents, im still debating on painting the actual grilles in the emblems to match the truck, and on the ford emblem on the grill i just need to go trace and pull it off

Last edited:

TripleE44

Reaction score
The grille looks too much like an XL to me. I think you need the painted fx4 grille. Everything else looks really good. Tail lights came out perfect.

Reaction score
yeah the fx4 is on the want list and none show up on cl, so i just wanted the chrome gone,
the lights were the biggest pain just getting them taped off other than that they were easy only like the 15th set ive done.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Honestly, truck looks good except for that valance. I think it's killing the looks of the front end.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
Looks good. Just not a fan of the flat black front end. IMO its worth it to spend the money and get it PTM. At least go to your local paint place and see what a Pint of your color paint would cost.

Reaction score
actually gonna spray over the pasti dip this weekend unless i can use an adhesion promoter over the factrory chrome grill, any experiences or other ideas?

Reaction score
I'd be spraying it with the blue pearl metallic, only draw back is the stuff is like 15 bucks a can and you have to have 2 cans made at a time. Ptm would be awesome but i just want it to be able to stick and stand up to everyday driving.

Reaction score
looked there, its still cheaper to go buy two cans from napa after shipping and all that from the site. plus already have 2 cans sitting on my counter waiting to get used on something on this truck

Reaction score
did more only because i had extra cans of plasti dip laying around this weekend. valance will be shortened when i get the lift,wheels/tires, and running boards will be replaced with a set of amps. and also raised the stack about 4 inches to not coat the back of the cab with soot.

011-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

need to peel if off from the front hubs and gonna leave it over the ford emblems on the rear tires as one is still blue and the other is now just chrome with the ford/blue oval rubbed off

Latest posts

Members online