Died when driving no start no codes

Noladieseldog

Reaction score
No start no codes ? So I been trying to get the truck back on the road I had a bad IDM put a new one in started right up then had to change a injector after that ran great . I bought a ts chip put it in and started to have problems after driving it right of the bat shifts weird I thought it was the transmission but it would start acting up I'd pull over turn off and start it back up and it drives fine so I took out the ts chip on problems this was yesterday all the problems start so I took it out to get a can of skoal and it died and no restart no codes . The truck was sitting up for about a year

Noladieseldog

Reaction score
Yes a auto zone scanner it worked for the injector and the idm . That's the first thing I hooked up and nothing comes up could the pcm be bad

cpadolf3

Reaction score
No reason to disconnect batteries. Just make sure the keys are in your pocket.
I've heard of people frying their PCM by removing the chip without disconnecting the batteries

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Arisley

Reaction score
Nope. You can fry it without pulling the key out of the ignition though. I have pulled my chip a hundred times, never disconnected the batteries.

Noladieseldog

Reaction score
Yes i disconnected the batteries taking out the pcm . I'll check the wires today .I put a new crank position sensor in 2 week's ago before changing the idm and now just saw the tach is not moving. Wouldn't it come up as a code on the scanner. I'm thinking the old one is still good I'm swapping it out today . Hopefully that's one of the problems.

Noladieseldog

Reaction score
Okay put a old cam sensor tach moved it started ran and quit I went to napa and got a new one and put that one in it started and quickly stalled tach move both times and now nothing are they bad or could I have a bad plug wires are okay looking tach is not moving any more

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Sentences dude. Hard to understand with no periods.

Still no codes? Make sure no wires are bare.

May want to get CPS from Ford.

Latest posts

Members online