Diesel Power mag to test MTW vs. Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

01PSD

Reaction score
I really don't think track times will tell you anything. Side by side dyno graphs would. And like said... the turbos were swapped same day and run right behind eachother

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I always laugh when i read this, we are not a big company. fewer employees than you would ever guess.....

on another note, you dont think 70hp on the same dyno, same truck, same day while using very similar sized comp wheels (although our wheel is smaller) are concrete results???

I kinda chuckled myself. Everybody is a critic

swinky

Reaction score
To go through all the trouble of swapping turbos, dyno time and making an article and just give us a hp figure is unreal. No egt, tq, track time, lag, or psi info is just stupid. I would never buy an mtw turbo but you guys getting all hyped up over 70hp are crazy.

peixinho

Reaction score
I really don't think track times will tell you anything. Side by side dyno graphs would. And like said... the turbos were swapped same day and run right behind eachother

:bowfast::bowfast:

I would love to see the graphs!

Not defending or pushing anything or anyone... I can just learn a lot more from a graph

peixinho

Reaction score
Ok... although not likely, not plausible, and unrealistic... I made a stupid dyno comparison as to why it is important to see the dyno graph and not just know the numbers.

Which one of these vehicles would you rather drive? One did make about 70 more hp

Stupiddynopoint_zps929401c6.png

Now please note I did no calculations on this stupid drawing and am not accusing anyones dynos of looking like this.

I am just pointing out that peak hp only as the sole number you get can be very deceiving :thumbsup:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would imagine since its for a magazine some of the info will be disclosed untill the mag comes out, i would assume that they will post graphs and other data when that all comes out. I mean afterall its a magazine, they need pictures.

The graphs will tell more of the story for sure, i can't deny that. But 70 peak hp is allot imho.. i mean thats half a second at the track in some casses. And its hard to get any track testing done this time of year, it snowed yesterday and im only 100 miles from where the testing was done (if it was done at elites shop)

HeavyAssault

Reaction score
I thinks it's rather hilarious that "HeavyAssault" just dropped out of the convorsation when Adrian chimed in. He gave a Jab, then booked it... I had an expierience with this "HeavyAssault" guy over on the "Nation", actually he is the reason I joined PSA, and ditched the Nation, so I guess I should thank him. LOL LOL

I admire Addians work, I have not followed it as closely as others, but to be side by side with a big company like Elite (whose customer service doesn't win any award in my experience), that's pretty damn respectable. Good work bro! Keep it up!

I too agree, track times are as important as dyno graph's.

For what I see around here it's the same BS on all the boards.

BTW why stick around when the evidence comes out to show others and myself knew the truth all along.

For the testing wasn't the Pmax was out the box as you would buy from Garrett. Didn't the Elite and MTW have billet compressor wheels?? Were the compressor wheels stepped or versions of a single plane design??

Apples to apples how about you swap in a single plane compressor wheel on the "boxed" Pmax and run it again. See how far apart the HP numbers end up for all three turbos.

Thanks to Diesel Power mag for showing at least half the truth. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
To go through all the trouble of swapping turbos, dyno time and making an article and just give us a hp figure is unreal. No egt, tq, track time, lag, or psi info is just stupid. I would never buy an mtw turbo but you guys getting all hyped up over 70hp are crazy.

Given the way the testing was done, None of that info would make up the 70hp loss seen on the dyno between the two trucks. It was as controlled as possible. I think some of you guys are grasping at straws here. Adrian acknowledge where he knows changes need to be made to make the gains he wants, that's all that should really need to be said to solidify the results.

rentstdi

Reaction score
If the mag gave out the information now then nobody would buy the mag....

swinky

Reaction score
correct, glad to see one person understands LOL

Didn't think of that, I'll buy the mag. Good people in this thread. Valid points were made, I learned something, minimal bickering. Why I love psa. (Slightly off topic lol)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Dzchey21

Reaction score
For what I see around here it's the same BS on all the boards.

BTW why stick around when the evidence comes out to show others and myself knew the truth all along.

For the testing wasn't the Pmax was out the box as you would buy from Garrett. Didn't the Elite and MTW have billet compressor wheels?? Were the compressor wheels stepped or versions of a single plane design??

Apples to apples how about you swap in a single plane compressor wheel on the "boxed" Pmax and run it again. See how far apart the HP numbers end up for all three turbos.

Thanks to Diesel Power mag for showing at least half the truth. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

i dont really think that was the point at all....

They are comparing turbos that are available, how many wheel options are available for the pmax? I mean i dont think there are many "wheel only" changes out there. Maybe a WW2 and.... well i cant think of any others.

They are comparing whats available for turbos. The pmax is sort of a baseline, its been around long enough for most people to know what it makes power wise ect, i think its smart to use that for a testing "standard" if you will, Sure we know it makes more power than a stock turbo but how does it hold up to competitors turbos? I mean afterall thats what everyone REALLY wants to know

alwil

Reaction score
According to Adrian, DP already said they are not going to include the MTW results since it fell below the stock Powermax results.

He also stated that this turbo is no longer on the market so it's not like anybody can buy one thinking it's an upgrade.

Personally I think this is good for MTW , if they are willing to change the product as needed or as test results come back then they can only improve their product base......and that is never a bad thing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

swinky

Reaction score
He also stated that this turbo is no longer on the market so it's not like anybody can buy one thinking it's an upgrade.

Personally I think this is good for MTW , if they are willing to change the product as needed or as test results come back then they can only improve their product base......and that is never a bad thing

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

It could be an upgrade for certain people (not given enough info). Sadly enough I bet dp couldnt find a way to convince people the mtw turbo was worth buying. Even with the hp loss if the torque was improved and the egts were dropped I think they would have still mentioned it in the mag. My conclusion- his turbo sucks but he's working on it and willing to admit it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

RescueF250

Reaction score
i dont really think that was the point at all....

They are comparing turbos that are available, how many wheel options are available for the pmax? I mean i dont think there are many "wheel only" changes out there. Maybe a WW2 and.... well i cant think of any others.

They are comparing whats available for turbos. The pmax is sort of a baseline, its been around long enough for most people to know what it makes power wise ect, i think its smart to use that for a testing "standard" if you will, Sure we know it makes more power than a stock turbo but how does it hold up to competitors turbos? I mean afterall thats what everyone REALLY wants to know

Besides, the WW2, batmo, and single plane you only have 3 true options. The billet single plane based of the Garrett GTX wheel. Some has said just swapping the wheel out has seen better manners on a stock pmax out of the box but you as well as i know you can only change one side of the turbo so much before ypu have to start to equally match the other side. If not surging becomes an issue as well as back pressure issue. Its a fine Art understanding more power to guys building turbos and figuring things out and matching the correctly and getting the best out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online