Diesel Power mag to test MTW vs. Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
We have a stage 3 on order from Adrian.

His service is slow, no doubt. His product has yet to disappoint.

The stage 1s we have ran have more than impressed me. It is similar to a billet powermax, but definitely not identical.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
I was just notified of this thread. I'll let Adrian know about it. I don't know the exact numbers from the test so I'm gonna let Adrian answer the questions.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I'm smart enough to know better choices exist.

And they are? Not saying MTW is the best of the best...but what are the better choices that exist? Enlighten us all please! Not sure you can even say that there are better choices if you haven't even ran a MTW turbo!

jdgleason

Reaction score
And they are? Not saying MTW is the best of the best...but what are the better choices that exist? Enlighten us all please! Not sure you can even say that there are better choices if you haven't even ran a MTW turbo!

Not to be a smart ass lol but Diesel Power just did this, and we are waiting on results....

Dave

Reaction score
Only a bit$h (Adrian) makes a $5k drag race bet then backs out cause "my truck isn't built yet". Horrible customer service YEP. Ordered a part, I was never notified of the "shipper issues". I had to make contact AT EVERY turn to know the shipping status. MTW failed at every turn. Makes claims with no proof, then gets mad when other people call him out. Gets even madder when his turbos end up at other turbo builders to "fix them".

I'm just hoping he claims the tuning needs to be adjusted. LMAO

Say what?!

Yeah I remember this. At this time his truck was awaiting a built transmission.

What a fiasco that was. His builder claimed he could build a mean 5r110. took him four months to build it and it couldnt even hold stock power levels and used a mishmash of junk parts from random transmissions.

Mattmann

Reaction score
In....... And I would like to see a barder stage 2 tested in the mix.... :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
You fellas getting fired up gotta relax. Adrian has been on and seen this thread. He will reply if he wants to or y'all will get the numbers direct from DP mag. Either way, everybody is gonna know how it did. May not be as soon as you would like, but you will know. Nothing to go at each other about right now though.

*group hug*

EnterKO

Reaction score
You fellas getting fired up gotta relax. Adrian has been on and seen this thread. He will reply if he wants to or y'all will get the numbers direct from DP mag. Either way, everybody is gonna know how it did. May not be as soon as you would like, but you will know. Nothing to go at each other about right now though.

*group hug*

:thumbup:

strokin6L

Reaction score

*group hug*

I hear ya Steve! You making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside with a group hug lol!

Snake

Reaction score

*group hug*

***POST REPORTED***

Someone hacked Steve's account.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
MTW response:::

Here is my story on the whole thing, but before I start I want to congratulate Elite on their turbo making more power.

I didn't read any of the post and I'm currently under the gun big time on dead lines and trying to get things together that I don't have the time right now.
I was approached by Diesel power magazine to build them a stage 3 or possible 4 for their project when they get to the bigger injectors. They then found out that I was working on a Powermax and wanted to try it. I wanted them to do a stage 3 but they told me that they wanted to see how the 64mm turbo would work compared to Elite's. I sent out the turbo which is basically the hybrid but build from new Powermax, with a 13 blade turbine in it.

Diesel power magazine emailed me and told me that the turbo actually made slightly less power then the stock Powermax but the truck was really fun to drive and felt much stronger. The reason is what I found on the second turbo and on the dyno. Yes the turbo makes less rwhp, but the torque is up and builds extremely fast. The 11 blade compressor wheel needs bigger turbine wheel to get the compressor to make the power.

I have stopped the production of the hybrid and am redeveloping the turbo as I write this. I have new wheels under development to make this turbo work the way it should, and after I get the turbo due with the right testing I will be exchanging the hybrids for the new version. I have also stated to make a turbo called the MADMAX which will be my version of the Powermax. The turbo will be a 66mm VGT turbo but as of now the had to be restructured, the original compressor wheel didn't work well which was a 11 blade. I'm waiting right now for the new compressor wheels and then some dyno testing.

I have access to a dyno and all the turbos I develop from now on will be tested on the dyno, tweaked and made right before I produce them. The stage 1, stage 3 and stage 4 are the proven turbos I have and have plans on some more to come.

I have also been very busy with my truck to get to thoroughbred judgment day, which I just happen to break the bottom end, snapped a rocker in half and took out a piston with it. I have a new long block coming and still trying to make the event which is on the OCT 5. I plan on running all three classes, stage 1, stage 3 and stage 4 turbos, last with a shot of nitrous. The truck which I ran at the 1/4 mile before I broke it ran a 12.01 at 109mph, and ICP was not working right. Soon as I got the ICP working is when the rockers started to snap.

Sorry for getting off track, Diesel power magazine told me they were not going to publish the turbo results due to the fact that I'm not making the
64mm powerstroke and will be producing a 66mm instead. Diesel power will be getting the stage 3 for their testing for their project when they go to the 205/100 injectors.

As far as I'm concern that just being put up against Elite or any other shops is a honor for a small turbo builder like myself.

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I read through some of the posts and I have not taken any shots at Elite, the post wasn't mine and I was not involved.

As far as excuses I make none, Elite beat the turbo I built and I will be moving on to build something else that will be more competitive. I not on here or any other forums to be part of a drama feast. I will continue to build turbo and make the MTW company better. I have different approach to things and to my madness, but as I see that as far I'm concern the hybrid didn't do what it was suppose to. So not only will I fix the problem but fix the ones that customers have now, once I get the solution.

I hope that Diesel power gets to test the stage 3 or 4, since those are proven turbos. I have many stage 3 heading out there so there will be some more numbers coming for sure.

I'm only an option for a turbo, and stand behind the things I do to, so if wrong I will do what it takes to make it right. If any of the turbos I build make more power then it only helps out the 6.0 owners by have someone step it up, just like I have to due if my products don't at least equal in comparison.

I have way too much going on, waiting on balance machines, more equipment, supplies, new wheels, my truck, and so on. I have in many time reached out and bought products from other vendors and will continue to do so. I have nothing against any other vendors or any one else, just doing my own thing, if it works great if not then I will improve it till it does. I have not bought from Elite as of yet but would if I needed something that they had.

Thanks and need to go.:fordoval:

loboost

Reaction score
I read through some of the posts and I have not taken any shots at Elite, the post wasn't mine and I was not involved.

As far as excuses I make none, Elite beat the turbo I built and I will be moving on to build something else that will be more competitive. I not on here or any other forums to be part of a drama feast. I will continue to build turbo and make the MTW company better. I have different approach to things and to my madness, but as I see that as far I'm concern the hybrid didn't do what it was suppose to. So not only will I fix the problem but fix the ones that customers have now, once I get the solution.

I hope that Diesel power gets to test the stage 3 or 4, since those are proven turbos. I have many stage 3 heading out there so there will be some more numbers coming for sure.

I'm only an option for a turbo, and stand behind the things I do to, so if wrong I will do what it takes to make it right. If any of the turbos I build make more power then it only helps out the 6.0 owners by have someone step it up, just like I have to due if my products don't at least equal in comparison.

I have way too much going on, waiting on balance machines, more equipment, supplies, new wheels, my truck, and so on. I have in many time reached out and bought products from other vendors and will continue to do so. I have nothing against any other vendors or any one else, just doing my own thing, if it works great if not then I will improve it till it does. I have not bought from Elite as of yet but would if I needed something that they had.

Thanks and need to go.:fordoval:

Modifying current hybrid models that have already been sold...

Great service IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online