Diesel23 mild build "RITA"

Diesel23

Reaction score
hey all , Been researching high and low and with what funds are available while the cab is off !! What to do !!! Been puking and getting worse so had to Take it in , couldnt do turbo swap as wanted to, will shoot for that in the future maybe when it goes back in for trans upgrade. Heres what i got going so far , Oem gaskets , Arp headstuds , Stage 1 Elite cam, vavle springs /pushrods, Ported 6.4 logstyle (MPD)
newcamera006.jpg
, ported 6.4 intake (Diesel Dr), Custom up-pipes ,with precisson wastegate , LP/HP batmowheels in stock turbos ,Just got started late last night , Heres a couple pics ,
f350build011.jpg
, Stu the mech at TUFF ENUFF Diesel in nwi , is knocking it out , I'm able to help if needed :popcorn:, Everything looks good inside rockers ,valvetrain (im replacing) , injectors , pistons
f350build015.jpg
f350build017.jpg
, The Drivers side Number 1 i think was where headgasket blew out
f350build010.jpg
, Heads go in for looking at and planing them (getting a price to port them) , and picked up intake so i can ,make a swap for my new DD ported intake , Also Brought the turbos home so i can ,install LP/HP batmowheels
f350build013.jpg
, also want to say thanks to craig at MPD for the super great deal and super FAST shipping on all my products :thumbup: ,I will Keep Pics updated He's looking to start reinstall by saturday :pimp:, Also getting an 8" BDS ,4Link suspension upgraded shocks with rear springs , I had the Road Rhino Bumpers powder coat all pieces gloss black ,
f350build007.jpg

Diesel23

Reaction score
Erikclaw I think the truck needs a lift, should look good. Good start to your build.

SPARTAN Quote:
Originally Posted by Erikclaw
I think the truck needs a lift

I hope so , i hear it will be faster also !!! LOL JK ,

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Looks like a good build. Swap your precision gate for a tial. The precisions cant handle the heat. Never heard of the dd ported intake. Like to hear about it.

Diesel23

Reaction score
blk350on20s , thanks ill look into that , So wanted to be in control of all the parts and chose to take a road trip , 1 -213$ ticket for going over center , a warning for speeding 67 in a 55 , a warning for my Exhaust on my civic si not being stock , and a Diesel Dr. 6.4 ported intake PRICELESS !! , i opted for the little knock out to be removed, as you can see all the obstructions are removed even the outer edge , Great Quality !! heres some pics
newbuildDDintake043.jpg
newbuildDDintake045.jpg
newbuildDDintake044.jpg
newbuildDDintake047.jpg
newbuildDDintake042.jpg
:cursing:

Also before i left for the trip UPS showed up , I missed them yesterday , I purchased from MPD on monday( laborday) and recieved wednesday morning !!! once again great service
newbuildDDintake050.jpg

Ill keep everyone posted , Also was tossing around the idea of 30% nozzles and turn up the PSI on my airdogII ? any input -thanks

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
30% nozzles would work great might have to run your next tune down but will still be more overall power and safer on motor

Diesel23

Reaction score
Craig@MPD 30% nozzles would work great might have to run your next tune down but will still be more overall power and safer on motor
Do you Know where i can get some ? JK!!! I will be in touch thanks again craig!!

Okay guys installed my LP/HP Batmowheels , so ready to take back to the shop, Heres a couple pics of install and side by side comparision
batmowheels017.jpg
LP WHEELS
batmowheels016.jpg

HP WHEELS
batmowheels022.jpg
batmowheels023.jpg

B585Ford

Reaction score
I didn't realize this was your thread until now. Glad to see everything coming along. You have done way too many things at once to get a direct comparison, but I am looking forward to seeing what the cam adds....should make turnin them big ole tires a little easier.

Diesel23

Reaction score
Crack85 Looking good!

Thanks!!

B585Ford I didn't realize this was your thread until now. Glad to see everything coming along. You have done way too many things at once to get a direct comparison, but I am looking forward to seeing what the cam adds....should make turnin them big ole tires a little easier.
Yesterday 03:34 AM

Hey Brett , Yes it me , Been meaning to get you an email to keep you posted but had been posting here and the org , No progress today , He started dropping drive shafts and trans so we can get strarted on the cam yesterday , He dropped heads off ,so awaiting a price to have them ported and polished ? But would be a week at least as the guy who would do that is out , So if its reasonable ill do it !! but wont make the truck show in this beast , Also decided to go ahead with the 30% nozzles , and im hoping the big tires and lift isnt to big of an issue

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
You will have to let us know what kind of egt's you are seeing after you get this done. Really should be intresting to see how hot it runs with that large of nozzles on it. Good luck bud

B585Ford

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Hey Brett , Yes it me , Been meaning to get you an email to keep you posted but had been posting here and the org , No progress today , He started dropping drive shafts and trans so we can get strarted on the cam yesterday , He dropped heads off ,so awaiting a price to have them ported and polished ? But would be a week at least as the guy who would do that is out , So if its reasonable ill do it !! but wont make the truck show in this beast , Also decided to go ahead with the 30% nozzles , and im hoping the big tires and lift isnt to big of an issue

Holy ch#t Frank...you aint messing around. Well, let me re-phrase....we aint gonna have a clue what the cam did for ya since you are doing so many mods at once!!! Gotta give you credit, this is one of the most unique builds I have ever seen....but I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Along with 08BIGRIG, this is one of builds I am most excited to see the results of.

I just want to make sure I got everything covered. You are doing Elite St I cam, pushrods, and springs, Dr. Diesel ported 6.4 intake, MPD log style exhaust manny with custom up-pipes, Precisson WG, LP/HP batmowheels in stock turbos, and 30% nozzles (from who). I think you have an AD 165 already. Are you re-using your stock HPFP? If so, to maintain RP you will have to keep the PW shorter (I would guess around 1.9-2.0) so what are you going to do for programming....stick with KEM, try TSD, GH, Innovative, or try doing it yourself with the MMC?

I am really excited to see how thing turns out...like I said, I don't know anyone running even close to this setup (minus Lubeowner on his sled truck) on a DD. This build is testing a few different theories out there right now (is a cam worth it in smaller builds, will big nozzles run with a shorter PW worth the upgrade for efficiency/power, what will the stock HP and LP batmo upgrades do) so we all should learn a lot!!!! Not sure what your peak HP will be, but the spool-up will have to be insane!!!

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
You will have to let us know what kind of egt's you are seeing after you get this done. Really should be intresting to see how hot it runs with that large of nozzles on it. Good luck bud

Large nozzle?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
30% are a very good nozzle for stock turbos you can still drive with out any extra smoke than stock nozzles and get quite but more horsepower

Latest posts

Members online