Diff fluid change w/ Royal Purple. Add extra friction modifier?

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Have used amsoil for years, and am a dealer if you need anyhting. Stay away from th RP. I can tell you from personal experience it won't hold up ,and you'll be rebuilding the rear end. Mobil one, and the valvoline are also good fluids if you don't wanna try to get the amsoil. Have used those alot also with very good results, and easier to get from the local parts houses.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Hawgdoctor, how much would the Amsoil run? The Amsoil dealer I talked to was a douche.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
For the rear it's $15 a quart, and you'd need four for the rear end. If you are going to do the front to you will need an additional three, and that is about $13 a quart if I remember correctly. You'll see two different prices because it will take two different weight oils.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
Ok with the modifier if your not getting the rear to lock up. Adding more modifier should help right?
My 04 was a pita to drive in the wet and would slide the rear around spinning both rears. The 06 dosent do this very easily at all.

Mdub707

Reaction score
No, adding more probably won't help. It reduces friction to allow it to slip, so adding more will make it slip more is my understanding. I know on my rangers they always took less than the bottle recommended.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you should only add the friction modifier if the LS is trying to stay lock all the time and causing chatter/popping in turns/general noise that it shouldn't? Then only add a little at a time?

Zmann

Reaction score
agreed that is how the modifier works it lessens the fricton

strokr06

Reaction score
I changed my rear end fluid 25k ago with RP, no friction additive and no issues at all. This truck has a 9500lb load attached to it 90% of the time and stays cool.

06/6.0 edge EVO, 4" turbo bak exhaust

Latest posts

Members online