different single turbo kits

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
the s366 is around the same size as our LP turbo.. I've towed with my truck and the VGT actuator not working on the HP so it essentially drove like it was the LP alone *essentially* and it towed great. perfect. just lit a tad slower, and a little higher egts till lit.. and you had two other guys in here say it tows fine-one with a dually. I agree it'd be nice to see some vids of gauges. but there's no reason it shouldn't tow perfect. now and thing above a 66 idk

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I thought it was an awesome post josh lol. Id like to see more single vidsof guages while towing. Im not looking at one anymore but i know thats what people want to see. Damn near any single within reason can be daily driven if it doesnt need to tow.

I'm not a single turbo advocate but I will tell you that the WOP kit is an all around turbo. It was tested at elevation and it did everything better than stock. Towing, daily driving, performance. It is the best of all worlds. Not to mention it dropped BP significantly and made 600+ hp on a tune with sock head studs and everything else. I would have loved to see how it did with some more fuel. I know Zane has made a change to the compressor wheel since and im sure it's only gonna get better. I think they are still waiting on casting to be finished up but last I had heard, it was almost ready for release. Maybe Ralphie will chime in

Super08Duty

Reaction score
why? theres nothing wrong with the turbos we provide.....

I don't really think cause a few s300s had problems you can say f all s300s and s400s. Theres tons of people running them without issues.

I dont think i need to bring this up in yet another thread. i have my beliefs and reasons why i will never own another bullseye. Just trying to help the guy out.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I don't really think cause a few s300s had problems you can say f all s300s and s400s. Theres tons of people running them without issues.

Doesn't everybody discredit precision turbos because a couple of the turbos gave out?? S300 Batmo chargers have been dropping like flies on these trucks. It's really no secret. More than one person whose had that charger has bagged it and gone back to tow powers. Sure, i bet there are some tht are living well but the majority of them on here aren't. I don't think that's Craig's fault either. Just like I don't think those precision chargers that popped have anything to do with tadd

Last edited:

Matt

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I have only heaard of one s300 batmo failure on the 6.4 and another guy took his single kit off and was maybe going to go with tow powers?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Doesn't everybody discredit precision turbos because a couple of the turbos gave out?? S300 Batmo chargers have been dropping like flies on these trucks. It's really no secret. More than one person whose had that charger has bagged it and gone back to tow powers. Sure, i bet there are some tht are living well but the majority of them on here aren't. I don't think that's Craig's fault either. Just like I don't think those precision chargers that popped have anything to do with tadd

There isn't a lot of guys running the batmo singles on the 6.4 and of those I haven't heard of any failures other than one that had more than normal shaft play but didn't fail all together. Now I have heard and seen lots of precision turbo failures, how ever I don't think it was the fault of the manufacture. The precision failures I saw were from being over sped and the wheels exploding or the shaft failures but both that I saw were due to speed.
Some people don't get that you cant spray nitrous with out a gate (or proper gate tuning) and expect a turbo to live long regardless of brand.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I heard of a 83 and 76 failing...yet again I just heard that

Sent from my BatmoCharged iPhone

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Nick detray had some problems with his 75 but he fiqured out when he drained his oil it had coolant in it from when he had his headgaskets done

Sent from my BatmoCharged iPhone

BFT

Reaction score
Nah, wasn't that. This just the turbo failing, sounds like he had bigger issues.

That being said. I don't know how many people out there let there truck warm up a bit. Most should do it, especially those in the northern states or cold areas. The turbo/turbos need that lubrication.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Every turbo is going to have failures and i dont care who makes it and who owns it.

IN our world, of diesels, we ask alot of turbo chargers because we are ususually pushing them to a higher pressure ratio then most manufactures originally designed them for, billet wheels are big in diesels because of that, they can get rid of most inperfections in the metal before the wheel is built thus allowing for higher shaft speed. But even then billet has imperfections and limitations.

The best thing we can all do is make sure that we have as much info as possible, boost, back pressure, air inlet pressure helps a ton when trying to figure things out when they fail. THere are also things like oil quality and temperature that arent quiet as easy to monitor and keep track, and determining that failure usually comes down to what the turbo builder finds upon dissasembly of the turbo. THings like burnt oil on the shaft, high wear on thrusts ect, My honest opinion is IF you do have a failure keep in touch with the turbo builder on cause of failure, and have them show proof of what they found. Warranty or not you should know to help prevent it from doing the same thing.

The 366 apears to have some failure rate, but at the same time we have no clue how many units are out there and how many have actually had issues, same with the 76/82s as mentioned.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
Well said Dustin. I also believe that each failure has to be looked at as its own problem. We all have different setups that drive the turbos differently. If all the failures lived,breathed, and exhausted the same way it would be a different story. Quality control is the best thing to look for when purchasing a product. Making sure it fits your application and needs.

Super08Duty

Reaction score
yea beliefs....

You two need to calm down a little bit when someone has something to say about their turbo opinons, not once have i bad mouthed your company, in fact, i love my MPD single turbo kit. Its a top notch quality. I just dont care for the turbo, and thats not your fault. The reason i wont buy one again is because ive seen/heard of too many failing with low miles and few track passes. once again, just my opinon.

Ruquik

Reaction score
The Suncoast single turbo plenum is fully divided. The final production plenum should be ready for purchase within a few weeks, just trying right now to get some of the machining time lower to get the cost down.

Latest posts

Members online