DIY bllow off valve??

faster7581

Reaction score
Im new to diesel performance, I build performance/race jetski's. We run blow off valves, can I run one on my 6.4 instead of a waste gate? anyone done this and have pics?

pog

Reaction score
you can ron a bov but it doesnt replace a wg. they have two different purposes.

7.3psd97444

Reaction score
I know of several BOV equipped diesel trucks. Prevents surg off throttle just like it does on any other boosted engine.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
A BOV and a waste gate are not for the same purpose so running one instead of the other is really invalid. With stock turbo's you don't really need either unless your going to spay nitrous.

faster7581

Reaction score
I'd like to spray a little to get into the 12's, and I also want to pick up a 71 or 72mm atmo and a drop in wheel at some point this summer. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction, and should be looking into a waste gate set up..

faster7581

Reaction score
I had bad wheel hop any boost over 6 psi. I need traction bars real bad, I think I will get pretty close to 12's with them. I'm going to order some ends from ballistic, and make a set in a few weeks.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Bov does get rid of the compressor surge which has its benefits. Just remember a diesel has no vacuum so its not a simple hook up like in gas engines.

There is actually a guy on compD that has a pretty simple way of installing a BOV that worked pretty good last I checked.

Garrett

probably getting paid at work to post this from my bionic

Latest posts

Members online