DIY injector build

N2GN2

Reaction score
Where can I find the parts list for upgrading stock injectors for Stage 1-hybrids?

N2GN2

Reaction score
Yeah, that was Jim @ Rosewood. I'm not going to send them in. I've seen some post before, just trying to track them down. Everyone has to start somewhere :)

MossBack

Reaction score
I found a couple photos for you to look at...First photo is a parts explosion. Second is a picture of one disassembled and third is a single and split shot p&B next to each other.

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpg
    IMG_0157.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    915.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_0228.jpg
    IMG_0228.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 193

N2GN2

Reaction score
Thanks MossBack! I have a Dipaco account. If I put a 7.1mm p&b and a single shot 16mm intensifier piston in my AD's what would it flow? The machining work must go into getting the larger nozzles?

N2GN2

Reaction score
I'm just looking to be self reliant. I won't be the one to reinvent the injector.

N2GN2

Reaction score
It's a great injector break down video. You probably shouldn't take them too serious. They're just having fun in their garage.

Tim @ P.I.S.

Reaction score
DIY heui injectors is about the worst thing you could do to your truck. By the time you buy parts and pay to send them to be bench tested you will have as much or more than you can buy a set. And if you think you will skip the flow testing then you need to sell the truck and move along. I have seen a trend come into the 7.3 market in the last year and it's not a good one. Don't take this personally but being cheap and owning a diesel are not two things that lead to a happy ending.

N2GN2

Reaction score
No hard feelings, I appreciate the input. I'd love to build a flow bench. The details are the hard part. Thank you.

superpsd

Reaction score
There not difficult to pull apart and put back together. All the information on the different injector codes, intensifier pistons and so forth is aroundyiu just have to dig. Why not start simple and buy an AC code injector (single shot 160cc and then nozzle them(stage 2). A few vendors will sell the larger nozzles. I have yet to even install my DIY injectors and I started on them early this year. Just make sure everything goes back as it should and don't be me and instead buy all new parts to have the best shot at a good diy injector. You could also get some BD codes 240cc or somewhere around that and nozzle them. Then you will need big oil to drive them. If I remember correctly a 7.1 B code single shot P&B makes for a 200cc hybrid but do not quote me on that. However I am unsure of what intensifier piston is used from what A code. Further digging could help you out.

Just remember when you build a DIY injector you are liable for poor performing injectors to engine damage than possibly could occur and you will be fixing your own issue at cost to you instead of sending injectors back to a builder to get fixed free of charge.

Last edited:

N2GN2

Reaction score
I have the build sheet pretty dialed in from around the forums. What I'm not sure of is calibrating the injectors. I'm guessing replacing the solenoids and adding shims is how you calibrate. I found lots of info on building a flow tester, but the hurdle always comes to driving the injectors with electronics. If we could figure out the output signals from the IDM we'd be well on our way. Thank you all for your contribution.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.