Diy regulated return question

Jonesy18

Reaction score
Can i supply fuel to the rear of the heads and let the stock regulator do the job? I have a airdog 2. I havent tried it yet because the earl swivel 90 does not fit on the drivers side between the up pipe. Im gonna try to get a banjo to -6an with a little bend in the hard line to get it off the head to gain clearance for the -an fitting.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
You can do it this way, charlie from kc turbos has his setup this way, but i believe he said he is starting to drop fuel pressure now. Personally, i would put a better regulator in if youre gonna do all that work.

Mdub707

Reaction score
I've run fuel into the back of the heads on my truck for a long time (Veggie system though). However I have a separate pump and regulator down on the frame, and feed into the back of the heads and have actual check valves in front of the heads to deadhead there.

The stock regulator sucks no matter which direction you're feeding fuel.

Also I use Banjos on the back of the heads with no clearance issues. That includes the stock up-pipes and now my non VGT T4 up-pipes from Cutting Edge.

I'm with 6.0 Tech, get a better regulator if you're going through all the work already.

Jonesy18

Reaction score
Yea i agree on having a better regulator as well. Ill prolly just do away with the secondary filter and regulator housing.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Mdub what banjo fittings did you use? The straight banjos dont work for me.

The banjo fitting came out of my Vegistroke kit, but I can find that info out. The banjo bolt itself was just one of those "banjo bolt mod" things on ebay. Similar to the 6.4 bolts, but it was 3 large open holes instead of 4 smaller or having to drill out the stock bolts.

If you look at my pics I was comparing banjo bolts when I was doing my veggie install.

Bolt on the left was my "banjo bolt mod" bolts that I am pretty sure came from Ebay about 8 years ago haha. The one in the middle was the bolt supplied by the company who did my veggie kit (Same bolt!) and the one on the far right was their improved check valve.

If you can't find those bolts on ebay or around, I can put you in touch with the veggie guys and get them for you. I think they were like $25 for the pair maybe, with crush washers?

Attachments

• Banjo bolt.jpg
    Banjo bolt.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Banjo bolt top.jpg
    Banjo bolt top.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 53

Jonesy18

Reaction score
My bad i need the banjo fitting i have the bolts. The straight 12mm banjo to -6 an didnt work. When i tightened the banjo down it bent the fitting until it broke. It would be ideal if i could find a banjo fitting with a small angle to it.

Jonesy18

Reaction score
i finally got it finished up. used a banjo fitting on the driver side and a 90 degree fitting on the passenger side. pressure holds at 60 psi. i plan on installing a check valve on the supply line and getting rid of the stock regulator and filter housing and going to a high quality fuel regulator. For now the stock regulator is doing the trick. I ve thought about blocking off the the supply going to regulator for now so the fuel is flowing in one direction( from the rear to the front).

Latest posts

Members online