DJM Dream Beams

jwlandry

Reaction score
Anyone on here running a set on a superduty? If so, Could you measure what the distance is from the center of the hub to the center of the fender lip for me?

My 01 sits pretty low in the front and it has factory springs and I beams. Just brainstorming a little bit about a few ideas.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
What are you trying to figure out...a wheel combo or something else?

jwlandry

Reaction score
My truck sits pretty low on the front. Its on all stock stuff. No cut springs, nothing modified.

I want to do dream beams. Im thinking that ill need new springs when I do them though or it will make the tire be up in the fender. I want a measurement from one with good springs and dream beams to compare it to my measurements and see how Im sitting or will be with the beams.

Id measure your old truck but the cab is so high in the air I can walk under it.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I can tell you the beams are a true 3" drop....just subtract that from yours and you'll know what you're gonna get. With yours being a 2001 I'd bet the springs have sagged for sure but new ones are cheap so it's an easy fix. I dunno what tires are on my old one now but I ran 305/40/22's and had no issues. A light rub on the big ass Hellwig swaybar but that was it.

jwlandry

Reaction score
Yea. they will hit no doubt without new spring then.

IMG_20150308_191816-1_zpsptv8bst0.png

That's how it sits currently. Rear is low as I can go. Hellwig bars are ordered as well for front and rear.

Kind

Reaction score
Like rich had mentioned your springs are more then likely wore out and it's a cheap fix. I'd even suggest getting f350 4wd springs from a '05 and up. That's what I did on my '06 when I lowered it. Should work on your '01 as the ibeam hasn't changed. Other then that your truck should be fine with the dream beams. I've lowered 3 different models of super duties and they all turn out the similar.

Wes Lewis

Reaction score
Do you guys trust the beams with all the weight of a 7.3?

Had a late 80s f150 with a straight 6 and Dream beams on it. one cracked not too long after I sold it. Kid was rough on it tho

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Do you guys trust the beams with all the weight of a 7.3?

Had a late 80s f150 with a straight 6 and Dream beams on it. one cracked not too long after I sold it. Kid was rough on it tho

Any more feedback on this question? I'd like to get dream beams, but every time I Google DJM Dream Beams and find the stories of poor quality I second-guess going that route for lowering.

I'd love to see some folks voice their opinion on the true quality of these parts in 2015. Redesigns? Better quality control? Better quality steel/welding? Overall has there been any problems and if so what was required to correct?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I've used multiple sets on different trucks and never had any issues.

rosspulliam

Reaction score
Thanks for that sir, I'll keep researching but it's good to get first hand feedback. Most of the horror stories I've read have not been on Super Duty beams but F100/150 beams.

Kind

Reaction score
I've used dream beams on a 6.0, 6.4 and a 6.7. Never had an issue.

Latest posts

Members online