Do I really need to upgrade lift pump?

Coolbeans

Reaction score
So I am getting ready do lose some weight on my 2016 f350. I was looking at a kit from ppei and it includes an air dog lift pump. They recommend it for the 230hp tune. Anyone have experience with this? Is the lift pump really needed? Trying to price this all out and really don't want to spend too much extra

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Not needed at that point. I only added my AirDog for the extra fuel filtration...and I don't pay for them. lol

redneck1

Reaction score
Not needed at that point. I only added my AirDog for the extra fuel filtration...and I don't pay for them. lol

Did you add yours before your factory lift pump? Just curious how this would work for better filtration.

KCCO

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Did you add yours before your factory lift pump? Just curious how this would work for better filtration.

KCCO

They make a plug-n-play kit for these trucks that feeds the factory LPFP with a constant 10psi. Yes, it's before the factory pump so the fuel going into the factory pump has already been through the AirDog filter and water separator.
I change my fuel filters every second oil change, so roughly 15,000 miles and the filters are never black...just a nice dark tan from the filter media being wet with clean fuel.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
any idea why they went to an in tank pump?

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

From what ive heard, whatever the hell thats worth, its so they can fit a bigger tank. With the frame mounted pump, there needed to be clearance between the tank and pump, and pump and tcase. This seemed to be for safety and serviceability. With the in tank pump, the tank is now about 6in longer, with no real noticeable room taken up inside. All they did.was add a pump to the sender, like a gasser.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
From what ive heard, whatever the hell thats worth, its so they can fit a bigger tank. With the frame mounted pump, there needed to be clearance between the tank and pump, and pump and tcase. This seemed to be for safety and serviceability. With the in tank pump, the tank is now about 6in longer, with no real noticeable room taken up inside. All they did.was add a pump to the sender, like a gasser.
ahhh 10-4!!

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

jcain

Reaction score
My 12 stock lift pump was on the fritz. That's why I entertained through h&s pump

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
Had air dog and fass pumps and both failed both were loud, have the h&s system now it's quite and you wire it to your factory plug so it works like the factory and the others you have to wire in a whole different harness to the fuse box it sucks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.