Do these MIRROR LED look any different to you? VMS VS RECON

TripleE44

Reaction score
Funny they use a few of the same pictures. LOL

That's exactly what I was thinking.
They look fine to me. Might as well give them a shot.

However I will say that the Recon ones are the only Recon product I've bought and been impressed with the quality. They didn't seem so cheap.

MINK

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking.
They look fine to me. Might as well give them a shot.

However I will say that the Recon ones are the only Recon product I've bought and been impressed with the quality. They didn't seem so cheap.

Only Recon product I will run is the mirror lens LOL

BK39

Reaction score
I went with Putco on mine. Slightly different look than those, but quality wise, they're still working great.

The only negative I found, they would whistle at certain speeds, so I silicone-d them, perfect fix.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
My Recon's lasted 150,000 miles in my 08, and were still going when I dropped it off with the new owner. The 3rd brake light on the other hand.....LOL

I ended up just putting the stock 3rd brake light back on. I've never heard of anyone having good luck with those.

Daryl@TDP

Reaction score
My Recon's lasted 150,000 miles in my 08, and were still going when I dropped it off with the new owner. The 3rd brake light on the other hand.....LOL

I ended up just putting the stock 3rd brake light back on. I've never heard of anyone having good luck with those.

After 5 years mine still works as a brake light that's about it. I'm okay with that long as it still looks good in the day time haha.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
After 5 years mine still works as a brake light that's about it. I'm okay with that long as it still looks good in the day time haha.

Yeah, the brake light worked but only 3 of the 12 white LED's worked when I finally swapped it. Pretty sad.

colecoop56

Reaction score
I went with the VMS. They arrived in 2 days and look and feel exactly the same as the Recon. I had recon on my old truck and I know how the quality is there for them. The VMS work perfectly and for $66 I feel they are 100% worth it. They come with the same warranty as the Recon also. I usually don't go the cheap route but I new the quality of either one is nothing compared to OEM haha. They look very good though installed.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yeah, the brake light worked but only 3 of the 12 white LED's worked when I finally swapped it. Pretty sad.

I dont wanna jinx myself but my recon lights were all installed in spring of 2011. Nothing burned out yet. My one bitsh is the 3rd brakelight is clear, as are all of my lights, and the silver shti is coming off. That shouldnt happen if you ask me. I think the exterior of products like this should exceed stock durability. My 11 year old light looked new when I took it out.

Minor but unnecessary in my opinion.

Chris.v

Reaction score
Ordered a set of the vms mirror lights. The figment is absolutely awful. There's a gap on top of the light between the lens and the mirror itself. Super disappointed.

Chris

colecoop56

Reaction score
That sucks you had bad luck with them. Mine turned out perfect and fit perfect. I dont know how long they will last but for right now I am happy. My buddy has the recons and our trucks side by side look identical mirror light wise.

Chris.v

Reaction score
My driver side running light in the mirror light already quit working today. Lol what a joke. Will be ordering the Recons soon. Glad they worked out for you though!

Chris

redracer62

Reaction score
I've ordered recons that were bad right out of the box. They took car of me every time, but still is a pain to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chris.v

Reaction score
The vms fitment is so bad theat there is a gap at the top and now I get a whistling sound from my mirrors.

Chris