Do these MIRROR LED look any different to you? VMS VS RECON

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i had a recon whistle years back, i just pulled it and reinstalled and that fixed it.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I have both recon and the vms. I had the recons and the passenger side started leaking which I didn't realize and self destructed. The lens actually fell off in my hand and all the LEDs fell out. Called recon and they wanted me to buy another one at a discounted price. I was pretty upset that they wouldn't replace it for free after all it was still under warrenty. So I pulled both off and just went with stock lenses with some nite shades on them. It wasn't till a few months ago I came across the vms ones and decided to give them a shot. At first glance they look identical minus the little recon logo. They both light up the exact same. Same amount of LEDs and same amber tint. Been on for a few months with no issues and no leaks.

getstroked27

Reaction score
yeah not sure from what i have seen from a sales aspect, i have had one set of recon lights returned for a warrantee. i have personally had recon tails, mirror lights, third brake, and cab lights on my truck for quite a while with zero issues. and i have friends with ebay lights that have had the same luck. it goes for any product from every company, ever. not every single product they sell is going to be perfect. could be 1 in 10, could be 1 in 10,oo. but you cant expect perfection every time. luckily recon is great for warrantee stuff.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
yeah not sure from what i have seen from a sales aspect, i have had one set of recon lights returned for a warrantee. i have personally had recon tails, mirror lights, third brake, and cab lights on my truck for quite a while with zero issues. and i have friends with ebay lights that have had the same luck. it goes for any product from every company, ever. not every single product they sell is going to be perfect. could be 1 in 10, could be 1 in 10,oo. but you cant expect perfection every time. luckily recon is great for warrantee stuff.

That may be the first time I have ever read this...

getstroked27

Reaction score
LOL sorry i dont jump on the forum bandwagons. from personal experience, customer experience, and friends experience, thats my review. not from what a few people out of a few thousand said and then created a following based on it

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
Welp, Im gonna make the jump on the VMS wagon for this run... Hope Im not the 1 in 10... Though I usually am...

Zmann

Reaction score
I haven't gotten the Recons yet.

Chris

how about now ?

really wondering how the 2 compare side by side ?

glad to readin this thread a few had good Recon warranty experience other than the
discount on future purchases and other BS

GatorBaitR6

Reaction score
how about now ?

really wondering how the 2 compare side by side ?

glad to readin this thread a few had good Recon warranty experience other than the
discount on future purchases and other BS

I hate that one.. seriously (insert company) why would I buy from you again... Just replace what I bought thats broke...

Zmann

Reaction score
LOL

I never bought from them again after my cab lights and some interaction with Recon

I posted one of their emails to Me and they threatened to sue LOL

ps it's not illegal to post an email but the Forum asked Me to pull it so they could avoid the drama

Chris.v

Reaction score
Sorry I've been lazy and never ordered the recons. Just learned to accept the whistling lol. They've held up well though no glitching or nothing like that as of yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
My driver side running light in the mirror light already quit working today. Lol what a joke. Will be ordering the Recons soon. Glad they worked out for you though!

Chris

so this was just a connection issue ?

Chris.v

Reaction score
I believe that's what it was, that was so long ago now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colecoop56

Reaction score
My VMS are still doing great. Im very happy with them and glad I saved the money going with them and not the Recons. Sorry I haven't had any other updates on them. I bought a bmw to play around with for a while and I got addicted to it for a few months but I sold it and I am back to focusing on the diesel world. Glad to be back home.

Bjolls

Reaction score
I had Recons on my 11 and went through 2 sets. First set didnt work when they arrived and the second set had a lens fall off after 6 months. I went with the ebay ones this time. Honestly I bet they are manufactured by the same Chinese company. They are identical.

Latest posts

Members online